Oh guys, this has been a week! Sometimes when you’re in your happy little bubble, life ambushes you and kicks your ass. Maybe that’s the real circle of life…
Remember when I told you last week how happy and not stressed I was? Yes? Well me too. And it changed like that very day. Pour yourself a cup of coffee, sit down with me and let’s catch up.
And as it’s Monday – day of the lists – I am linking up with my fellow coffee addict Meg. Let’s get started…
- Monday was one of the worst days I have ever had at the office. I spare you all the glory details but believe me it was so draining I wanted to cry.
- At the moment our bathrooms in our apartment are being renovated and when I came home from work the bathroomon the upper level almost made me cry. I am not even ready to joke about it now. All I can say is that it massively messes with my OCD tendencies and no one else but me seems to be bothered. It is so damn frustrating!
- After starting a completely unnecessery fight with my husband I was so frustrated that I deliberately decided to get drunk. On a Monday. Something I usually don’t do.
- It probably didn’t help that our wifi broke and I was wifi less at home for two days.
- Tuesday and Wednesday I worked from the University library. I had two very productive days in a very noise free and distraction free environment. I liked it so much that I will work from there the better part of this week again.
- On a positive note I went to Crossfit twice. Both workouts were very good and I was happy and relaxed albeit pretty destroyed afterwards.
- I took Thursday afternoon off and relaxed. I indulged in catching up with my blog reading and commenting, answered my comments, wrote emails and all in all just ignored work. It was so necessary. Of course I felt super guilty afterwards but I know that it was all I needed.
- On Friday I took care of some medical stuff including getting an MRI scan. Afterwards I was feeling pretty poorly so I started the weekend early.
- Caprese, wine and relaxing outside helped make me feel better again quickly.
- I spent a holy shitton of money on things I wouldn’t need if I were a guy. I don’t know why but spending money on make-up and skin care and bras kinda really bugs me even though I have zero regret spending my money on myself in general. But the girls need support and that level of support is expensive!
- We were graced with the most beautiful spring weather all weekend and we spent a lot of our time outside on our balcony. I am soaking up the sun and I love it!
- Day drinking might or might not have happend!
- In fact it did!
- Sunday was my funday. I made cold brew and spend some time practicing pour shots and figuring out how my camera remote control works.
- I definitely need to tweak things a little and practice more but for a first try it didn’t turn out too badly!
Okay friends, another week another round of work. Judging from my thesis related nightmares and the time I spent awake in the middle of the night worrying about my dooming deadlines I should try to focus now and fill some pages with smart things. Cross your fingers for me that I get my life back soon. I am so over this!
This weekend spending time with things I love kinda showed me what I am missing right now. Can you have fomo with your own life? Well I think you can. Okay but I probably don’t start to think too much about these things right now. Time to get some stuff done!
Happy Monday and have a good week!