Peeps, this is going to be a short and sweet encounter today.
It’s almost March and I am having a minor panic attack regarding the projected state of my thesis vs. the actual state of my thesis. So I have a ton of work to do today. Albeit I had a good and productive week last week I am nowhere close to where I want to be. While I try not to freak out completely I actually decided to take the hour or so to type up a post. I am also sipping on my second cup of coffee right now.
I know caffein doesn’t go well with feeling anxious yet my sleep deprived body yearns for something to properly wake me up. In addition I have realized that warming me up by typing a post for example helps me getting faster into the writing process later. It’s funny as I would have predicted that switching between languages would mess things up rather than actually help. Who would have thought…
But anyway… let’s catch up on my super interesting life now. As always I am linking up with my lovely girl Meg. Now let’s get listing…
- I haven’t set a foot in the office for the entire last week. I talked with people who have on the phone and as nothing had changed about the kitchen and more importantly noise situation I made the excecutive decision to work from home. My fuel consumption is on an all-time low. I don’t hate that.
- I met up with my colleague one day for a coffee shop work date. It was nice to catch up both on a private and a work related level.
- Work has been good. I am getting a lot of things done and I am positive to finish my next chapter before my birthday this week. As I want to take the day off I really should.
- I also went to Crossfit twice. I love that I make it there more regularly again. The impact on my well-being is very evident. But morning workouts also mean nap time for me in the afternoon.
- I experimented with a special nutbutter last week and even managed to take a few pictures in between work. It’s a Raffaello Butter and I am freaking in love with that stuff. I might post the recipe if I find enough time to take a few more pictures.
- On Friday we went to my in-laws for watching a German carnival show on TV. In my opinion it’s the least funny thing ever. I am very opportunistic about going. My mum-in-law easily makes the best quark doughnuts in the world. It’s a carnival tradition. So I only get them once a year. So I had 6! I spent the rest of the evening playing with the kids.
- On Saturday we did the usual adulting stuff. I cleaned the apartment while Stafan went to the supermarket. I folded all laundry – blergh – and cleaned all the corners I usually ignore. Then I had to nap all afternoon while Stefan was at a soccer game with his dad.
- In the evening he made us Thai Curry and all I can say about it is, that it was PHENOMENAL! I have never had a better and hotter curry in my life. The best part about it though was that I only had to sit at the kitchen table drinking wine and doing nothing but taste testing the various steps in the curry making process.
- We spent Sunday half on the couch relaxing and half working. Not my favorite Sunday occupation but as I had slept through the entire Saturday afternoon I had some catching up to do. I also got to spent a bit more time with my camera and the curry leftovers.
- I also took a nap literally on Stefan. He is the best pillow on the earth.
- I tried to completely catch up with my blog reading but gave up half way through. But time off the computer was more important.
Alright people. Hope we all have good and productive weeks. I am getting to work now.