Guys, life is picking up pace. I hate too sound so cliché but the last three days have been rushing by in a blurr and I find myself waking up on a Monday morning with my second cup of coffee in my hand marvelling over the question if it can really be almost March already. So cliché – I know!
With March approaching my birthday is also coming up again. I feel old. Fortunately I know from past years that this will change once my birthday is over. Oh the glory of my self-deluding brain! Luckily my immature humor, childish manners and the fact that I sleep with two plush pigs in my bed make my certificate of birth more than questionable. You are as old as you feel, right? At least that’s the shit old people say!
With March approaching also spring is coming up again. And even though I am not ready for my birthday I am ready as hell to welcome spring! We had a few really nice, warm and sunny days last week and I am always amazed by the mood boosting capabilities of spring days. Apart from the nice weather and good mood let’s catch up on what has happened in the past few days. As always linking up with my lovely Meg.
- To be honest I felt like I didn’t really express myself the way I wanted to in my last WIR. I was demotivated and took a few days off. It was refreshing even though I don’t really know why it bothered me that much.
- Even though I am going easy on the blog world at the moment I am very active on Instagram. I think the most active I have ever been. I find a weird satsfaction in sorting through all my travel pictures from the past years and sharing some gems and snippets on Instagram. It’s kind of a vicarious satisfaction I guess.
- Lately we have started cooking a bit more together. As we both enjoy cooking as well as eating it’s a nice way to spend time together. Indian Food, Thai food but also steak and potatoes have been on our rotation lately. Anything hot and spicy is always welcome.
- I napped quite a few times in the last week. My sleep has been less than stallar. And when I go to a morning Crossfit class a nap seems imperative to me being able to work later.
- I realized over the last few weeks that from an objective point of view I am in one of the most stressful situations of my life. Yet I feel less stressed out than I ever have as far as I can remember. I have worded my assumptions in a post last week and it’s interesting to see how much of it stems from my own believe systems. Because gasp, shock, disbelieve – the biggest stressor in my life is myself. I didn’t see that coming….
- I have started to watch Daria again from the beginning. It’s one of the series I can’t get enough of. It’s funny every single time I watch it.
- I also started to watch Riverdale on Netflix and I am weirdly hooked by it.
- After my computer basically begged me to remove some files from the hard drive, I rearranged all my picture files and then stored them on my external hard drive. It took forever. No wonder as I had close to 100 GB of pictures.
- I dealt with some finance stuff – killing it right here. It’s my personal nightmare!
- I don’t remember if I have complained about my current office situation on here, but in a nutshell: I work in a construction area. Core drillings in front of my office door, closed down restrooms in the whole building, no electricity and also no water in the kitchen, internet that goes off for hours in the middle of the day… I could go on but I don’t want to get angry again. THANK GOD for being able to work from home. I have never appreciated that possibility as much as I do right now.
- Speaking of my work situation, I feel like I need a new place to work from. The office is obviously not really an option, at home I start slacking rather than working concentrated. I am not lazy I am just easily distracted. Apart from that I do make progress on my thesis even though progress is a lot slower than I’d want to. But progress is progress, right? At least that’s the kind of shit lazy people say.
- I am pretty good with my workouts lately. Which means I made it to Crossfit twice a week for a few weeks now. I would love to go at least three times and I am in the process of figuring out how I can incorporate that in my schedule.
- My last bag of Sourpatch Watermelon is almost history. It’s the only gummy candy I really really love and now I am depressed. Sidenote: It’s not available in Germany!
- I plucked my eyebrows – major success. I was close to growing my own fur baby on my forehead.
- Stefan and I went out for a couple of times. It was nice to be a bit more social together again. We had a first drinks and fried food at an Irish Pub, then wine and pizza at an Italian restaurant date. Another day we met with our friend to watch a soccer game. And last Saturday we went to the way too fancy for us Thai restaurant we sometimes go to. We eat there maybe once a year and then order everything we want. As always I ate Red Thai Curry. The classic!
- We also had our fair share of cozy evenings on the couch. Nothing beats that!
Okayyyyyyy so for today I have a few hours of thesis work and then going to Crossfit on my planner. I am also eating cold leftover Chicken Tikka Masala for breakfast now. I can’t believe how exciting my life is!