It’s Monday morning and I am done!
After a busy busy work week I had an awfully social weekend and now it’s Monday and in fact I desperately need another two days off!
But because that’s sadly not how adult life works I am bound to be busy again today. Who would have known that I – the lazy bum – would muster up such a good work ethic one day. Okay it’s not completely voluntary but as long as shit gets done it doesn’t really make a difference, right?
These days even though I enjoy my Monday posts I feel so repetitive and boring. Don’t get me wrong, I am kinda really glad that life is a tad boring right now so I am fully in charge and able to focus on the stuff that needs to get done. But whenever I sit down to catch up with you guys I feel that nothing had happened the past 7 days. I mean obviously it has and I see progress every single week but it feels so random and so not exciting.
Usually when I felt like that in the past I would plan something fun. Go somewhere or try something new. I’d go on a date with my husband or meet a friend. Experiment in the kitchen or just generally try to spice up life a bit. But that’s not happening right now. It could but then I’d never wrap up the damn thesis. It swallows me and limits my everyday choices.
I am happy though. For the most part I am feeling really good. Just bored. I thought I should just get this off my chest before I bore you to death when we catch up now. I have thrown in a few pictures for good measure. You guys seem to enjoy that. And I surely do enjoy that a lot.
So let’s grab a cup of coffee and talk a little about my boring life.
- I had a good work week. This is mainly because the chapter I am currently working on is so much easier to write than the previous one. And it’s also a lot more interesting and less dry.
- I took advantage of a train ride and read a chapter of my new book. It kinda hits home right now.
- Adulting this week included the usual, cleaning, cooking and I even folded laundry. I did some online shopping and even went to a real store and bought some nicer clothes for work. I even got me a dress. Now I am good for another 3 years. At least I hope so.
- On Friday I spent the morning at my favorite Starbucks working on my presentation. It was so nice to make good progress and soak up the busy Starbucks work environment.
- My presentation went swimmingly. I got a really good feedback from my professor and I wrapped up the work week really motivated and in a very cheery mood!
- Then my weekend as a social butterfly started. We spent Friday evening with my cousin and her boyfriend eating burger and on Saturday we had Stefan’s cousin and her boyfriend over at our place for pizza.
- Guys this was pizza weekend. I have been on a dairy and grain ban since the beginning of January and this weekend we celebrated the end of it with having pizza three days in a row.
- It was awesone! Sadly my tummy didn’t like it that much. I haven’t had that much stomach troube in weeks. Looks like I should try to minimize the grains and dairy. Bummer. I won’t give up pizza though.
- I had serious photography withdrawl symptoms. And because the pizza looked so pretty I dusted the camera and took advantage of the good light and pretty food. I also kinda forced poor Stefan to be my hand model. He was a real asset!
- And no, it doesn’t make any sense that he sprikles flour over the pizza. The light was just so good and I wanted to see how I could capture it.
- As it was my father-in-law’s birthday Stefan and I quickly stopped by on Sunday afternoon. The what we had planned to be 10 min visit turned into a two hour stay. It was really nice but my Sunday afternoon alone time was off the cards.
- In the evening Stefan and I watched one of our favorite TV shows. It’s a cooking show where two professional chefs try to recreat very special dishes from pretty much any international cuisine possible. They get to sample the dish once and havee to recreate it just by looks and taste. It’s awesome! Season 2 just started and I love it.
So that’s it for today. And before I tackle this chapter like a boss again I’ll head over to see what my girls Meg and Ave were up to last week. Those two always make me smile and want to plan my next visit!
It feel like this post was all over the place. But anyways… Happy Monday, guys!