There are weeks that pass by in a blur. I guess you can all relate.
Last week was one of those whirlwind rollercoater blur weeks. And I expect this week to be another. Anyway…. let’s grab a cup of coffee and let’s chat!
I had a weeks of ups and downs (my downs becoming ups thanks to a great support system) and in the end everything looked way rosier than I had expected. Sometimes I guess you just have to let go and trust that things work out even so when you’re in a phase where nothing seems to work out. But instead of saying more cryptical things here – I just can’t condense it any better without boring everyone including me to death – I will just going to tell you a bit about my last week now.
Thanks Meg for letting us share our lists with you!
- I was battling the flu last week. I had one of these infections where you have an extremely sore throat but feel pretty good as long as you lie or sit. But when you try to move you feel very dizzy and weak. It wasn’t pretty.
- After one and a half day of lying around I had to bite the bullet and go back to work. My workload is insane right now. It’s the busiest time of the year. I interviewed all day every day, got done some admin stuff in between and when I came home between 7 and 8 pm I fell asleep on the couch pretty much instantly.
- So a holy lot of these lovelies were happening. Though I fear I am pretty much over avocado toast now and head towards a still undefined new food phase. We also ordered a giant pizza the other day. I hope this is n ot going to be my new phase.
- I still managed to upload one posts. I just gave in to a feeling and let it flow. Something I usually don’t do. Also I wanted to show you guys my favorite pictures from the industry site Stefan and I went to last weekend. It was kinda fiting well together.
- It was my sister’s birthday last week and we all went out for dinner. It was one of my sore throat sick days so I drank a holy lot of hot tea and kept my (physical) distance from my family members.
- After a motivational low in the middle of the week I had the best home office day on Friday. 8 hours of uninterrupted thesis work. It was actually even fun.
- We went to visit Stefan’s cousin and her boyfriend in Munich. We sat in their kitchen and had a good chat along some wine and a lot of pizza. We kinda all go through the same right now. Questioning our jobs and the general direction our lives are heading towards. It’s good to get other perspectives on this from time to time.
- I cleaned the whole apartment and Stefan went to the groceries and vacuumed when he came back. Our idea of a fun Saturday morning!
- Saturday afternoon on the contrary was indeed a lot of fun as we went to my favorite gelateria in Munich and learned how to make gelato from scratch. If you follow me on Instagram you might have seen it on my story. If not, hoe dare you!!!! Just kidding…
- Anyway… This was a birthday gift from my in-laws and I was looking forward to it for the whole year. The gelateria only offeres this courses in the low season and last Saturday was the first option after the summer. It was so much fun!
- The coolest thing was that they didn’t only teach us how to recreate their recipes but also how to develop our own recipes which is definitely a lot more complicated that I thought. It was like chemistry class. But in a good way!
- Okay the absolute best thing though was that we got to sample and take home as much gelato as we wanted. I think I ate at least a pint there and we took another pint back home. So delicious!
- Sunday was my lazy day. Theoretically at least. I tried to make waffles for lunch but failed so miserably that I decided to make Lemon Buttermilk Pancakes instead. Good decision!
So today, or better this week I will be even more busy with more interviews and workshops but Friday I am going to take an early flight to London and stay there until Tuesday evening. Something to look forward to makes work a holy lot easier, right?
Happy Monday friends!