Things are weird at the moment.
I am in a phase where nothing ever works out as planned. Needless to say that I don’t particularly like it.
Yet this is not the time to dwell on what goes wrong but to look at the nice moments in my life. There are still plenty of those! Like that I got to spent more time than usual with my fabulous husband. Now this is something I do not complain about!
I am linking up with my dear girl Meg for some fun with lists.
- Work was okay. I got everything done and I think I can’t ask for more. I am interviewing again and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed to juggle everything. It’s not a time thing but I feel like there are too many things I have to keep in mind.
- For that reason my thesis did not get enough room.
- But I posted a recipe post on Friday. Next to the recipe for a Healthy Fall Salad with Creamy Tahini Dressing I included the process that pretty much every recipe I post here undergoes. Even though I know it’s time consuming and probably not the wisest thing to spend my time with when I am already overworked I feel like it’s worth it!
- I ran a lot of errands, went food shopping, stopped by the post office and dealt with two mechanics. A few things have to get fixed in our apartment. I also finally ordered stickers for my planner. I will have to withhold how much I payed for them. I don’t want my husband to know.
- On Friday after work Stefan and I went on a road trip half-way through Germany to visit family. I had made a batch of Meg’s Magic Bars as our road trip snacks and we made it 3/4 through the entire batch in one day. They are freakin amazing and if I hadn’t whipped them up myself I wouldn’t believe how healthy the recipe really is!
- We arrived in Duisburg late but spent a few hours catching up with Stefan’s uncle. He likes photography so we had a lot to talk. We spent hours comparing cameras and lenses.
- On Saturday Stefan and I spend some time together alone and went to an abandoned industry site turned into a museum/ observation plattform. It was perfect. I was happy taking photos and Stefan was happy looking at stuff only engineers can be really interested in.
- I freaking loved it there!
- I made him my model and he played along. The guy is a keeper!
- In the evening we celebrated Stefan’s uncle’s 60th birthday with the whole family. It was a really really lovely evening and so nice to catch up with a few people we haven’t seen in over a year.
- I had a really long conversation with my brother-in-law and more times than not I had my niece on my lap or on my arm. It makes me happy that the kids like me.
- On Sunday after breakfast we drove the 7 h back home. I was so exhausted that I went to bad at 8 pm.
As nice as the weekend was I could totally do with another weekend now. I am beyond glad that I will stay at home next weekend. PJs and relaxing are on top of my list.
Happy Monday guys, here’s to things going as planned this week!