Hello from my couch!
It’s the Day of German Unity so we all get to stay at home today! Yay! I am all in for relaxing and tonight we go to my friend’s place to have dinner and hang out. We haven’t seen each other since July and I am keen to catch up. I am also linking up with Meg to catch-up with you all 🙂
Last week was weird. It didn’t work out as planned for some parts but other parts have been even better than expected. That’s life. My tape A side doesn’t love it like crazy but I try to just accept that there are things I have no power over and don’t stress too much about it. Maybe I finally do grow adult!
Anyways it’s been a week! Let’s grab a cup of coffee and catch up!
- Work was weird last week. I worked from home three days and spent two in the office. That wasn’t exactly what I had planned. At home I didn’t really get any work done. I injured my wrist and now I couldn’t really write much. I rested it as much as possible to work regularly again this week. Now I have a bandaged wrist. I will probably not have to tell you how much this annoys me!
- Moving on to different topics. Stefan was travelling for work at the beginning of last week which left me with an abundance of Avocado Toast meals and time to myself. I enjoed that but I was glad when I had him back on Tuesday evening. Life is better with him around!
- I posted another easy roadtrip/ hiking recipe. Aka quick and easy. 4 ingredients and 2 minutes until you can sink your teeth in this Sweet and Spicy Cream Cheese Lunch Sandwich!
- Next to that I gave you an overlook of what to expect and what to prepare when you hike ‘The Narrows’ at Zion National Park. I also threw in a few what not to do’s like wearing a white shirt when you know you will get wet for sure!
- I really enjoy writing about my travels at the moment. It feels a bit weird to still posts about it as it feels like these things happened ages ago but I have kind of a posting schedule now (I know, shocking!) and I will try to stick to it. Apart from contributing to this link-up which I love because it is like catching up with friends over a coffee to me I will alternate travel posts with related recipe posts. For the next few weeks I have a bunch of recipes that are all related to the travel destination I am also talking about in that week. I am excited to share a few San Diego highlights this week.
- I also took care of potential new travel related content for the time when I run out of USA and Canada stories in a few weeks time. So after a bit research and twisting and tweaking schedules we booked flights to London for the last October weekend!!! I am badly homesick for my favorite city and I am so happy we make it there this year even if it’d only for a couple of days.
- I didn’t cook much but I managed to make a batch of Meg’s Oatmeal Raisin Muffins. They taste amazing even though they were nowhere as pretty as Meg’s. Why the hell do my baked goods never look good? But anyway taste > looks anytime!
- This weekend we packed a few things and went to Narnia. Stefan’s uncle and aunt both turned 70 this year and they celebrated this weekend. We had a lot of fun! But probably not as much fun as my nieces had. They chose to give my hair a makeover and decorate me like a Christmas tree.
- We came back home yesterday exhausted and happy to have nothing to do but lounging on the couch and catching up on some TV shows. My kind of afternoon!
Happy Monday folks!