Goooooood morning party people!
Okay that was weird. I actually feel a bit weird this morning. In a very good way. I feel excited and lighthearted and that is rare for me. I don’t question it and enjoy it as long as it lasts. When I got up this morning I just felt that way. It’s nice. I could get used to it.
Let’s have breakfast and chat a little. My last week has been uneventful and still a lot happened. I am slowly transitioning in the mindset I need to finish my thesis. It’s a lot of work both physically but also mentally.
Let’s do some catching up before I need to focus again on work for the next few days. I am also linking up with lovely Meg, planning queen and fellow list maker. Last week consited of many many lists.
- Last week I did a lot of planning and prioritizing. I read this intersting article about prioritizing and focusing. I have heard about it somewhere on youtube or read about it on a blog I sadly can’t remember. Basically you have to make a list of 25 goals you have. Then you identify your top five and focus all your energy on those and touch 6-25 not until you have accomplished 1-5. Last week I sat down and made this list. I only did this a couple of days ago but I found it extremely freeing to say NO to a few things that don’t go along with my priorities guilt free. GUILT FREE!
- So after that I sat down and designated time slots in my week to these priorities. I am usually not good at following these time slots as I feel trapped so quickly. But as I was the one to set them in the first place I hope I will not feel like I loose control over my life. I am curious how this works out for me!
- One of the things that didn’t make it in my top 5 is cooking. I am a bit sad about that but as long as there’s tons of Avocado Toast with all the good toppings in my life I am all set. After a 2 day delay (because my recipe plug-in wouldn’t cooperate) I also managed to publish the recipe.
- I worked a few focused hour on my thesis and even though the progress is still slow there is progress. Seeing the number of pages in this document increasing is the only thing that motivates me to work on it right now!
- I went back to Crossfit on Tuesday and that was the final straw to make me sick. So pretty much all plans I had for the week fell trough. But that gave me the time to focus on some planning and also the time to think about a few things in my life. That helped. So it was a blessing in disguise in the end.
- Today is the first day that I feel better. I still work from home so that I can spare me the commute.
- Next to the Avocado Toast posts I posted about stargazing in the desert and nighttime photography.
- I also edited a plethora of pictures and loved to relive some vacation memories.
- Blogging, taking pictures, editing them and all that jazz made it to my list. I debated long with myself about that. But I knew some kind of selfcare had to make my list so I chose blogging. I chose to include blogging because when I really think about it it is the most selfish thing in my life. Something I do just because I want to. I might not be able to post a lot but I won’t stress out about it. But when I do I want to do that guilt free and not feel like I should focus on anything else.
- I spent the really sunny and warm weekend on the couch watching youtube and not doing much. I feel okay as long as I sit and rest but as soon as I get up and move I am dizzy. Luckily working on my thesis requires sitting and not moving. So I am going to tackle this again today.
- Stefan is travelling for business. He left me with a few sunflowers and a strawberry pastry after he ran all our errands. He also made me satay chicken last week. We video chatted and sent us ugly selfies. He’s a keeper!
So today I will try to read a lot of articles of smart people who love show off how smart they are by using words and language no one is supposed to understand. I still marvel at the fact that this is seen as good scientific work in Germany. I will then try to write an understandble chapter of my thesis because I refuse to play that game.
Happy Monday people!
How are you prioritizing and dealing with guilt?