WHAT A WEEK!
Yes, I am shouting. I can’t believe the last week has finally passed and I am also not so sure how I made it through this week in a cheery, positive and energized mood. Maybe because I was just napping a lot in between. My brain knows when it’s time to knock me out!
In a short second I am going to tell you a bit about my last week – week in review style. *spoiler alert* I have been super super social. And then I am going to tell you a little bit about what’s happening next – let’s call it a week in preview – because *drum roll* I AM GOING ON VACATION!
I am not going to lie, I am very excited for this trip not only because it’s a month-long break from work and reality but I am going to get to spend time with dear Meg! Picture me happy dancing and jumping up and down screaming!
But I have one last day at work and a few things to finish so let’s jump into my tales of last week. Just kidding, I’ll keep it short and sweet today!
WEEK IN REVIEW
- I went to Crossfit twice and it was a nice and good sweat both times
- I had a very productive beergarden work meeting with my colleague
- I even got a bit of a tan
- I met my mum and we went to the movies to watch the new Star Trek
- I took naps almost every day
- I met a friend to catch up after a while – so nice!
- My cousin and her boyfriend came over and I made burger buns, burgers and a nice burger sauce. Such a fun evening!
- I started packing
- I stopped packing
- We applied for eTA (for entering Canada) and got approved
- I charged all my electronic devices
- We compiled a road trip soundtrack
- We cleaned the whole apartment
- I went to my lovely nail lady and she removed all the nail polish. Now my nails are horrible and very very soft.
- I went to the pharmacy and the drug store to stock up on all essentials
- I had a work event on Friday evening and didn’t come home until after midnight. It was fun (I had beer) but it was exhausting
- I started packing again
- I finally named my camera Connor. I have no idea where that came from.
- My in-laws invited us over to their place for a BBQ and some Whisky tasting. My dad in law brought back approx. 25 bottles from their Scotland trip.
- I decided I need a wide-angle lens after all and put some time and effort in researching which one I should get
- I went to the hairdresser’s to get my hair colored and cut for the fist time after 6 months! Now it’s dark again and I love it! I have an ugly face day so I can’t show you a picture though.
- We had dinner with my father and his partner. Their dog tried to be a bit too friendly with my leg 😛
- I also realized that there are people in my life I do not mind interacting with at any time. Those might be few and far between but there are indeed people who’s company energizes me rather than drains me and I find that quite phenomenal!
WEEKS IN PREVIEW
- Today I am going to the office for the last time in 5 weeks!
- Tomorrow I’ll be busy packing, cleaning the apartment, going to the glass container (my kinda walk of shame!), cleaning out the bathrooms and dancing excitely through our apartment. Oh and I will pretend to work busily on my job though we all know that this won’t actually happen
- On Wednesday my in-laws will drop us off at the airport and we’re going to board a plane to Toronto. In the evening we will arrive in Denver.
- The next day we’ll embark on our trip through the National Parks in Utah and end the first two weeks in San Diego at the beach (which reminds me that I NEED to find my bikini bra! Because I hear the Americans are less okay with naked boobs in public than the Germans are)
- After the first half of our trip we’ll fly over to Chicago. We have reservations for a fun looking rooftop bar already! Besides that we have practically zero plans and no clue whatsoever. I enjoy that immensely!
- Cleveland is the next stop on our list and I can’t wait! Also I have set my mind on befriending Oscar this time!
- After a night in Niagara we’ll end the second part of our trip in Toronto.
- I will not post a single word on this blog for the next 5 weeks. But if you feel like you’d miss me too much you can always befriend me on snapchat because I’ll be snapping the hell out of this trip. The good, the bad and the ugly and a holy lot of great food in between. I also feel like I might break my ‘no drunk snapchatting’ rule. After all I am on reality vacation ;-P My username is callme-juli. Sometimes I am even funny!
- I’ll also feed my Instagram with a few of the nicer and more picturesque moments. You can head over and stalk me there as well if you want to. My username is callme_juli or you can klick on my profile in the sidebar if you’re too lazy to type it in. I would do that!
With this being said I bid my farewell to you for a couple of weeks! Have a great August guys! I sure will!