Hello it’s me! I was wondering if after all those weeks that you would like to speak…
Okay this was lame! But anyways, apologies for ghosting on you all. I haven’t been checking in regularly for a few weeks but last week I needed a real break. So I decided it would be time to ignore the blogworld for a bit.
The last weeks have been tough. Even though work was relatively slow – we too experience a summer slump right now – I had a couple of responsabilites I needed to juggle and plainly speaking I felt pretty overwhelmed by it all. Work, my thesis (next presentation is due Wednesday), my best friend’s wedding, my husband, Crossfit, the blog and somehow having a social life was just too much. I cut out the blog and didn’t regret it a bit.
The past few weeks have passed in one big blurr and this morning I felt like it would be fun to share a few snippets of my life lately. I needed to consult my phone to see what I was up to and I have selected a few highlights to show you today. I am also linking up with Meg. We both have a thing for lists…. so let’s do this!
- Work has been okay. But it feels a bit surreal at the moment. Even though the construction works in our building haven’t officially started yet the parking lot was closed down completely last week. Until 2019! They also already started with the core drillings. In case you wonder, yes, it’s noisy!
- I managed to go to Crossfit pretty regularly. I enjoy the exhaustion.
- I met my mom for breakfast and Ice Coffee. It was nice!
- I could invest more time in my thesis but I don’t want to put more pressure on my shoulders. My next presentation is on Wednesday. If I get a go from my professor I will start to wrap the damn thing up. Still a matter of months 😛
- I tried to set aside a few hours a week just for myself. It worked okay. A couple of weekes ago I took a walk around sunny Munich, enjoyed iced coffee and just took in the place. It was so so nice! Like a mini, one-hour vacation!
- Speaking of vacation… three more weeks to go! I am looking forward to relaxing and enjoying the days rather than being super stuck in a schedule and risking to wreck my precious time off!
- I spent a holy lot of time on preperations for my friend’s wedding. The most time consuming one was to edit and layout a cookbook gift the bride’s maid of honor and I had organised. Pretty much all wedding guests had conributed a recipe and I put them together. I cried three times in the process…
- All the work was worth it though because the wedding was fantastic. The weather was brilliant and we spent a lot of time outside. Look, I even wore a dress. I didn’t last long in my shoes though.
- The hotel was so cute. In the middle of nowhere but with a lot of funny little quirks. Like the bathtub and this summer house.
- I can’t really say much about food right now. We opt for the easy and quick things these days. A lot of potatoes and eggs. These are also the things I seem to tolerate the best.
- Even though life is a bit hectic right now I can’t complain. I feel pretty happy. The currently sunny weather and upcoming time off help, too.
This being said I better get going now. Game plan for the day: setting up the rough draft for my presentation and reading a few articles. Tonight we go out for burgers with a friend.