Hello from my couch!
As I was out until late yesterday I am working from home today. Much needed I might add. I am tired and ate a burrito from hell for dinner. An uncomfortable night, two cups of coffee and a light banana breakfast later I am up and running again. Sort of.
After a few days of severe rain the sun is out again today. Perfect timing for leaning back on my couch, sipping orange juice because I am already high on caffein and catching up on last week. Here we go! It’s going to be heavy on the food front, consider this a fair warning!
- This is my biggest food obsession right now. Roasted potatos with bacon, onions and topped with a fried egg
- I worked 4 days in the office and one day at home – it was the usual
- I met with a friend for coffee to chat about her dissertation. It was fun to hear more about and give feedback on other reseach projects
- I signed up for another photography class. I still had a voucher from my birthday last year. It focuses on macro photography and using a tripod. Two things I never particularly warmed to so I am intrigued to learn more about it.
- Next to catching up with you on Monday I posted one recipe last week. Another refreshing, sweet and spicy cocktail recipe. Lemon Basil Moscow Mule
- I went to Crossfit twice on Monday and Tuesday. It was pretty good
- I am still feeling all the side effects but the actual problem already got way better. So I can’t complain
- I went to the garden center and picked up some potting soil for Stefan’s strawberry plants. Let’s pray for the plants. I touched their soil
- One of my friends and her little daughter came to visit us in the office for lunch to catch up. It’s strange to see how much her life has changed now that she has a baby. Especially since we had a pretty similar life before
- I had a holy lot of really good food last week. This salad was definitely a highlight!
- Though I had a good week basically, Friday was a shit day! Nothing major but a ton of minor annoyances made me need a giant Moscow Mule in the evening. I sat in the kitchen, told my husband all about my day, ranted and whined a bit and felt waaaaay better after 10 minutes. Sometimes all you need it getting it out of the system. And a drink. And Thai food, your husband prepares for you while he lets you rant also helps
- I don’t know why but my apartment was so dirty last week. I dusted and cleaned and vacuumed and mopped the floors and did the dishes and folded laundry and went grocery shopping multiple times. On a brilliant sidenote: our local supermarket sells REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!!!!
- I have been searching for a good Brioche Burger Bun recipe for over two years now. This Saturday I found the perfect one. I tweaked the method a bit as I don’t have a stand mixer but it worked perfectly fine. I am so happy!
- On Sunday I went to an all day bachelorette party. The all day events seem to increase in my life lately. We went to a sauna spa during the day and had dinner and cocktails at a Bar in Munich in the evening. It was a nice and relaxing day! Stupidly I was limited to the sauna area as I couldn’t find my bikini top. I ran around like a headless chicken in the morning but after an hour I had to give up to catch my train. This is so typical for me.
Today I try to catch up on some work, read a few articals for my thesis and try not to upset my stomach again. Sounds easy 😉
I am also catching up with lovely Meg again today ! Happy Monday folks.