Monday morning. At the office. After a 4 day weekend. I am tired as hell and in desperate need for at least a weekend but I am open for a little vacation as well. To say last week was busy would be the understatement of the century. My last 7 days were so crammed with activity that I have a lot of fun with the side effects now and a lot of things I usually do have fallen short. Like blog reading. Or sleeping. I am trying to catch up with both of this later today.
Right now all I wanna do is take a morning nap. Sadly I am at my office desk and have some work to catch up on. So coffee will have to keep me going though I doubt it will be able to cope completely with my tiredness! But no more prep talk now, let me tall you what kept me awake last week 🙂 Of course I am joining Meg today too. Sadly only online today but the summer is kinda close!
- I crammed five days of work in three. Five moderate days built up to three really busy days. But it was awesome. I achieved so much. I even had a little flow experience while I was programming a survey. If work could be always like this…
- I also had a major break through with my thesis. I talked about my theoretical approach, my line of argumentation and empirical data – so pretty much everything – with my co-workers and their feedback was immensely helpful. It was also great to be challenged with questions and queries because I could rethink a few assumptions I had made months and even years ago. This was also kind of a flow experience. I also set me a date to finish the thing. As a side effect I am super motivated right now.
- I was so motivated that I decided to try posting a recipe post on Friday. I decided for this Lemon Garlic BBQ Chicken Recipe which is one of my favorites right now!
- For a good week now I am on a new medication to get side effects from my other medication under control. The ironic thing is that I am having a list of side effects of the new medication now. But I am used to a certain level of discomfort so I hope as soon as I get used to these side effects they won’t bother me so much anymore.
- Tuesday was Stefan and mine 3rd wedding anniversary and we went out to celebrate at the pub we had our mini reception three years ago. On the one hand three years seem like nothing but on the other hand it feels like it has been a long long time ago.
- Thursday was public holiday and we spend the morning on the couch relaxing and catching up on ‘Secrets and Lies’. Season one has a pretty gripping plot. And Ryan Phillipe is a hot guy!
- I met with the other bridesmaid in Munich to discuss and arrange wedding stuff. Seriously I haven’t had that much to arrange since my own wedding. It is kinda fun to do this for them but I am also glad I am already married because I couldn’t care less about wedding stuff. But of course I want it to be perfect for my friends though I doubt he cares much to be honest.
- We had friends over for brunch on Friday. We hadn’t seen them in a few months and catching up has been really nice. We bought way too much food!
- On Saturday we went to my cousin’s wedding. It was a typical Bavarian one starting at 8.30 am (fuck!) with a neverending Catholic service (fuck x2), a Bavarian brass band and every Bavarian wedding tradition possible. The food was very nice and the atmosphere was good as well. When we came home at 10 pm I was done in.
- Sunday was Stefan’s and our niece’s birthday. We had brunch with his family and I became the kid’s designated toy of choice when I tried to rest a bit in the hammock. It started innocently with a bit cuddling which lead to making funny faces and taking group selfies and ended in me being mistaken for a horse, a pirate ship and a trampoline. The little monsters show no mercy!
- When we came home I made Stefan some birthday cake. Apple Streusel Cake for us and Rhubarb Strawberry Streusel Cake for him to bring to work today. I managed to make a complete mess in the kitchen and also stepped in rhubarb crumble which I conveniently didn’t notice until I had left a trail of smear on the living room floor.
- In the evening we met with a bunch of friends in Munich and celebrated at a cocktail bar. I am giving myself a high five for being super outgoing and social even though it had been the most social week for me in months! It wasn’t even difficult. I just had a really good time and enjoyed the evening.
Game plan for today: not falling asleep until I am at home, proofreading the survey and sending out, Crossfit, falling asleep at 9 pm, trying to make me eat something before noon!
Game plan for this week: trying to keep it quiet because the next weekend will be comparable to this one!