BBQ season is in full force here in my neck of the woods. Not only does the warmer weather make me crave summery drinks and cocktails my food cravings have changed as well. Grilled vegetables and meat heavy dishes have definitely taken over the menu. Ranking hight on my lists of favorites these days is this Lemon Garlic BBQ Chicken Recipe!
It is summer and naturally in summer my social life seems to pick up pace. It feels like friends come out of the cozy of their homes and more likely than in the winter month I go out for a drink after work or grab a bite with them in the evening. Sitting outside and enjoying the warmth is just so appealing!
As a result I am often not prepared for lunch! I think I have mentioned it before but neither me nor Stefan have a cafeteria or canteen at work and so we have to take lunch to work every day. I usually cook 4 servings of all dinners instead of 2 but when you go out for dinner there’s most of the time no leftovers to pack.
I am also not a huge fan of meal preps. I can see the advantage of it but filling tupperware with pretty much the same dish and eating this 5 days in a row is just sooooo not appealing to me. To be honest I would be the kind of person to ditch lunch up from Wednesday and eat enourmous snacks that do NOT come from a tupperware. I know it doesn’t have to be that way but that’s the stigma I associate with prepping meals. I guess it’s high time to get over my silly aversion.
Enter the beautiful Lemon Garlic BBQ Chicken Recipe
I may sound like a broken record but my favorite foods and recipes ALWAYS attain to the full range of taste! I am only fully satisfied when my food tastes a little bit of everything: salty, sweet, spicy and a bit sour. This Lemon Garlic BBQ Chicken Recipe perfectly satisfies this need. As a plus it also has this nice hint of smokey BBQ flavor. I am not sure if it can get any better!
This dish tastes fresh and spicy and is best when it is juicyly grilled. You can easily make and grill it in bulk and pepare it for a week of different meals.
As the Lemon Garlic BBQ Chicken Recipe is so versatile it just doesn’t get boring! It is perfect with a side of vegetables on Monday, on a salad on Tuesday or in a sandwich on Wednesday! Pair it with some raw veggie sticks and a nice dip on Thursday and with a side of roast potatoes on Friday and you are set for the entire week! Meal prep has never been that appealing to me!
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 T tomato paste
- 2 T sunflower seed oil
- 1 T molasses
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 chicken breasts
- Cut the chicken breasts into the desired shape and set aside
- Give all the other ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until you have a smooth paste - you can also use a heldheld mixer or mortar to process the ingredients
- Give the chicken and marinade into a large plasic bag and let marinate for at least an hour up to 24 hours in the fridge
- Take the chicken from the plastic bag and grill on a grill until well done
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days
- This recipe is perfect for meal prep. Just double or triple the recipe and grill in bulk. Pair it with a side of raosted veggies, add it to a salad or a sandwich and you're good to go for a week!
Do you prep meals for the week?