I was in an awesome mood the entire last week.
I blame it on the weather man! Actually I blame it on the sun, the easy and few workdays and the above average amount of time I got to spent with my husband. That’s a cocktail I enjoy. Throw in some good food and a few glasses of wine for good measure and you have a happy and maybe a bit too bouncy me.
Germany seems to have skipped spring this year and so we leaped from snow directly into summer. Spring is overrated anyway 😉 As are introductions. And just like the weather, without any further unnecessary ado let’s skip both spring and introductions and jump right into my last week! As always on Mondays I am also linking up with lovely Meg!
- Work was odd last week. I was only in the office on Monday and to be honest I didn’t get anything done. I was interviewing possible new interns all day and when I was not interviewing other people were in my office talking so I just didn’t get done anything.
- Tuesday my colleague and I were in Munich visiting a company we collaborate with and discussing new possible collaborations. After the meeting we went for coffee and walked a little through Munich. It was very nice to have a change of scenery.
- Later I killed some time with a glass of wine and a book and then I met Stefan at the Pub and we watched the last soccer game for the season. I was deadbeat and left a little earlier.
- Wednesday I worked from Starbucks but I forgot my headphones and when it became loud I went home around 2 pm. Stefan and I had planned a little date night with going out and having pizza but as I was home so early I decided to make pizza myself. Nothing beats a kitchen date anyway!
- Thursday was a public holiday in Germany and we went to the alps for a hike. This lead to kind of a mini travel post. If you haven’t read it already I’d recommend to check it out. It’s full of funny little quirks and I am not sure if I should say it’s a sad thing but it’s definitely a true thing that I am not even exaggerating.
- On Friday I worked from home in the morning and then later we did all our weekly shopping and ran some errands. We also spent some time at our two local home improvement stores as I wanted to have a few new backdrops. I invested some time (mine and Stefan’s) over the weekend and I have three new ones now I am very keen too experiment with. In the evening we had a BBQ and spent almost the entire time outside. The sensation of summer!
- I also blame the feeling of summer for my increased appetite for anything fruity and fresh. I quench that craving without a second thought. Berries all day any day preferably with a side of my book.
- Saturday morning I got my nails done and then around noon we met with Stefan’s cousin at the Street Food Festival in Augsburg. It was pretty cool there. Well figuratively because literally it was actually blazing hot in the sun. There were about 30 trucks and tents from which people sold all kinds of food. We shared an amazing pulled beef sandwich and later I had an bacon cheese burger with ox meat. I was so full! Full and happy!
- In between I managed to find me time to spent on the balcony in the sun. I ordered a few travel books this week and I couldn’t wait to dig in. Travel literature is such a double edged sword for me. On the one hand I love to read about foreign countries, adventures and above all food experiences but on the other hand it fills me with a longing I struggle to bear. But exactly like an addict even though it’s not an entirely positive experience I can’t leave it.
- I also got some behind the scenes blog stuff done that resulted in two day e-mailing back and forth with the support of my hosting company which lead to a lot of frustration and no result. The issue is not solved yet but apparently it only affects my personal account and not you so I can’t be bothered to look at it at the moment.
- I also updated my pinterest page and again it only showed me how clueless I am about all the blogging stuff. But seriously I couldn’t be bothered less.
- We spent the better part of Mother’s Day with Stefan’s family which was nice but also made me appreciate the silence of my apartment even more
Here’s to another week in good and cheery mood. It’s going to be a weird week as I have so many meetings again! Game plan for today: meeting my boss, tackling admin work, seeing a client group this afternoon and having a BBQ or Thai Food for dinner. If we can trust the weather man we will have a few pretty warm and sunny days 🙂