Guys, do you remember this White Chocolate Macadamia Granola? If not you should quickly head over and have a look because it’s taking a central position in today’s story. And then you should come back and check out how the granola gets a stylish make-over today. In granola bar form!
The White Chocolate Macadamia Granola is one of my most popular recipes. Here in my personal virtual reality it’s beaten by a few others but in real life my friends and family just can’t get enough. And for once I am not the person who gets most crazy about it. I make it a lot for Stefan and me, I use it as a popular foodie gift, my brother-in-law even negotiated it to be a flatrate present. In fact I have a bag of granola sitting on my counter ready to be dropped of at their place. If you follow me on snapchat (callme-juli) you might have seen it yesterday.
Okay I admit he didn’t have to negotiate at all, I felt flattered when he asked and caved in immediately.
But enough talk about my favorite granola on this planet, let’s now talk about how the granola became this sexy thing of a granola bar.
A couple of weeks ago I miserably failed at making Oreo Granola and finally decided to make an Oreo Granola Bar instead. After a few trials and many errors I finally had success. In fact I was pretty pleased with having healthier than store bought, portable snacks at home. Something to grab for breakfast or in between or whenever the craving hits. And something you can actually wrap up and take with you. But to be honest after eating so many failed Oreo experiments I was a bit over Oreos and needed a replacement.
Something featuring one of my favorite nutbutters. Something salty and chocolatey. Something like my favorite combos of all times: White Chocolate and Macadamia!
I already knew this combination would work well together in a granola so I didn’t think twice, rolled up my sleeves and hit the kitchen not without making a huge mess and staining my favorite shirt in the process. Though my favorite shirt now has a permanent souvenir from this afternoon I try to tell myself that it was worth it because these White Chocolate Macadamia Granola Bars are just amazing.
The original recipe is made with this Drippy White Chocolate Macadamia Nutbutter and I would highly recommend to take the extra 5 minutes to whip it up. Nevertheless if you are lazy (I wouldn’t blame you) or don’t have a blender you can easily replace it with smooth cashew butter. Just up the chocolate a little and it works fine either way.
The White Chocolate Macadamia Granola Bars are soft and chewey yet still have a little crunch thanks to the exessive use of roasted macadamia nuts. The nuts also add a nice touch of salty to the sweetness of the chocolate. A necessity for a balanced taste and texture. Something I am particularly snobby about!
White Chocolate Macadamia Granola Bar Recipe
- 2,5 cups oats
- 1 cup chopped salted macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup White Chocolate Macadamia Nutbutter or cashew butter
- 3/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 T vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- Line a 20 x 30 cm baking tray with baking parchment and set aside
- In a frying pan roast the oats on medium heat until slightly browned
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, macadamia nuts and choloöate chips and mix well
- In a small pan or saucepan heat up the rice syrup and nut butter until melted. Stir in the vanilla essence and salt and mix well until everything is well combined
- Add the mass to the mixing bowl and stir well until the dry ingredients are completely covered in the sticky syrup-nutbutter mass
- Transfer the granola mass to the baking tray, spread even and press lightly into the baking tray. This works best when you wet your hands a bit in advance
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour until cutting into granola bars
Store the granola bars in the fridge
I also think it’s a good sign when your husband who always shares everything with you starts acting posessive about the last 5! granola bars in the fridge. I don’t blame him. I also think it’s neither the last time I made these White Chocolate Macadamia Granola Bars nor am I short on ideas for new granola bar combinations.
Next time I’ll make sure to wear an old shirt though!