Hello Monday! Another day in my pajama and with hot tea and all kinds of cold medication at home. I seriously can’t believe I am sick again. It feels like a cruel joke and I am completely fed up with it.
But enough of the pity party. Luckily I have some reading material so I can at least work on my thesis when my headaches pass hopefully later. And even better, I still have a bagel left in my pantry so at least I have something to look forward to food-wise!
But before I take a little nap and wake up fresh and perfect again (a girl can dream…) I am going to talk to you a little about last week. I am also linking up with dear Meg for her fabulous Week in Review link-up party.
- Last week has been the second short week in a row thanks to the Easter holidays. Due to all the renovation we did over the Easter weekend we took off Monday completely. It was much needed.
- I worked from home on Wednesday and from my office Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and killed my to-do list. Everything on said list was leading up to Friday evening where the closing event of the program round of one of the two circle of clients I was taking care of took place.
- The event went quite well yet I was massively stressed as my intern called in sick and I had to do everything on my own to get the show up and running. Luckily my dear colleague and also a former intern jumped to my rescue and helped me out.
- Commencing this week I finally have time to focus more on my thesis now and I am all geared up to set my boundaries and focus on it now.
- Because I was so good with my work to-do-list I spend a really productive morning with all things I hate doing in my private life. I paid all my bills, did other banking stuff and went to the post office, got a new prescription for my medicine and cleaned out the car as it’s going to our car mechanic of trust for the yearly check up today. Gosh I felt soooo accomplished.
- I went to Crossfit twice last week and both workouts were really cardio heavy. I didn’t hate it actually and I was kinda surprised. Still I had to swap running for rowing in one of the longer workouts as my leg is just not happy with running at all.
- Next to my Home Improvement Reality Show post I also posted about keeping a travel journal. I actually really enjoyed writing about it and I think I will write a bit more about travelling and travel related stuff on here.
- Most conveniently we are actually planning a weekend trip to Rome at the moment. I am not sure if we can work something out that suits our idea of a little get away but we both feel the need to spend a couple of days in the sun with gelato, coffee and good Italian food.
- Speaking of food, I can report that I feel a bit better already. I try to eat a bit more mindful without restricting anything.. Luckily the fresh food that’s available here gets better and better. The tomatoes start to taste better, the salad is more ‘herby’ and we finally have asparagus back 🙂
- On Saturday evening Stefan and I went on the first date in over 7 weeks. We went to an Asian buffet and ate our body weight in food. It was fun and the food was really good. I ate so much fried stuff I thought I’d feel super sick later but I handled it surprisingly well. definitely not the last time we went there!
- We spent Sunday afternoon and evening with our family and celebrated Easter as my mum-in-law had been sick last weekend. It was really nice as it was warm and we could sit in the garden and the kids could play outside. Sadly I had to go home early as I was starting to feel sick. Meeeh!
So here we go again. Another week, another to-do-list, another few days of work, workouts and food. Oh my god I need something to break up my routine! Anyways, game plan for today: taking all kinds of cold medication and getting well again. Binge watching TV, replying to a few emails later today and maybe working on my thesis when I feel good enough.
Happy first week of April guys! Btw spring has arrived here 🙂