And just like that I am a year older again. I didn’t see that coming.
So to start today’s post and get us in the right mood I have a little popquiz about aging for you:
Luckily I don’t really have a problem with growing older because I have found out that there’s really no reason getting older means getting boring or even mature! Though the former hasn’t really been a concern of mine as I am not the most interesting person anyways. But I digress….
But noooow let’s get down to business. I am going to tell you a little about last week which happened to be my birthday week list-style. I am also linking up with lovely Meg, the Queen of lists herself!
- I spent a shitton of hours in the office taking care of all kinds of administrative stuff, coaching looooong hours until my brain felt non-existent, planning and scheduling more coaching sessions, working on the concept of a new workshop/training I want to offer and making sure everyone of my clients is set up with everything they need to start the program effectively.
- I went to a check-up doctor’s appointment I had postponed twice already – everything is fine
- My actual birthday was so snowy that I cancelled my planned Crossfit class because I couldn’t drive there. I tried but had to turn around after 10 minutes because I lost all controll over my car which scared me a little.
- Instead I spent all day on the couch eating 4 slices of my birthday cake. Stefan made for me Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. The man can bake as well 🙂
- In the late afternoon I took a train to Munich and went shopping for food props all by myself. I love to do that on my own. Non bloggeres just can’t relate to the need of 5 new mini bowls and slate backdrops. Then I met with three friends for pizza and wine. It was perfect. And my friend Sandra brought me chocolate from London. That’s one reason why she’s one of my ‘carefully selected humans’ 🙂
- I badly want to go to London now!
- I got a few lovely birthday presents including an ice cream machine and an ice cream making couse from my favorite ice cream parlor in Munich! Also I got a wine testing course, camera and photo equipment and pie face 🙂 I have two funny snapchat videos of Stefan but I was not allowed to post them 🙁 Yet I saved them and I cry of laughter when I watch them. Yes, I am simple!
- I also got these beautiful flowers from my parents-in-law. I celebrated together with my sister-in-law who’s birthday was three days prior to mine. It was really nice but so loud with the five kids. Good luck that I love them so much otherwise I might have gone nuts.
- Two posts made it up to the blog last week. I slowly get back in the groove. I planned to post the Sage Butter Gnocchi recipe as well but I just hated the pictures and decided to shot them again on the weekend. Best decision ever! Not only because I got to eat gnocchi twice again 🙂
- On Friday I had a fun project lined up. A friend of a friend has a speciality food business and let’s face it has a very poor looking marketing kit. So after finding my pinterest she asked me if I would help taking a few pictures of his food for his facebook and flyer. First I was a bit hesitant because I am clearly not a professional but they both brushed off my concern so I said yes. We spent Friday afternoon arranging and shooting some of his food and also eating our body weights in antipasti, bread and different spreads. It was sooooo messy and the room smelled badly like garlic and onions but it was definitely really fun.
- I got a manicure on Saturday and again I went for grey. My manicurist said that I was odd because everyone was chosing bright colors these days. I didn’t mention that grey is a bright color to me. I sometimes feel utterly grey and that’s not a bad or even sad feeling.
- Onto my own food endeavors. For weeks now I am trying to get a specific recipe but I face fail after fail. I have no fun with it anymore but I am too damn stubborn to give up. I need to get it right. If you follow me on snapchat (callme-juli) you have seen my latest trial. Yummy rocks is all I can say. But one day….. preferably next weekend!
- I spend the better part of Sunday in the kitchen and made Stefan bring us Döner back on his way from Crossfit. I haven’t had meat in days and I had a very distinct craving for it topped with Sriracha – always Sriracha. I ended up eating it half (I’ve had a few yummy rocks in the afternoon) and promptly forgot the other half at home today. Lunch will have to be a smoothie again.
With this being said I zone out for today. I have a mountain of reading to do for my dissertation. Hopefully I can report some progrss on this next week.
Game plan for today: Reading, drinking coffee in order to stay awake, ban the thought of different ice cream flavors from my mind, reading, going home at a reasonable time.
Have a great start to the new week!