Hello February, we are already one month in 2016 which means it’s exactly one month until my birthday!!! The 30’s definitely pick up pace! But whatever.
I can’t deny that I haven’t had the best of weeks last week and to be honest it’s not been the best month of my life as well. Far from the worst but after a few month of being stupidly happy I feel down and as if I was dragging myself more through life than hopping through it like a bouncy little ball. And I prefer the latter.
Maybe it’s just the weather that is mostly indecisive but always grey. Rain, snow, rain all in one day and temperatures that require you to wear a hat and scarf one day and make you feel sweaty in your parka the next. I am ready for spring now! And the sun!
But it’s Monday. The start of a new week and a new month and I am pushing all these grey feelings aside now. February holds some exciting things for me and the good thing about feeling at the bottom of things is that it can only go up from there.
It’s a save thing that crappy humor always makes me laugh. And a good laugh is the perfect starting point to have a look at last week together. Objectively speaking it wasn’t too bad actually. I got a LOT of things done and I also squeezed in some quality time with both my husband and myself. I am liking up with Meg, the queen of lists and fellow smoothie lover.
- At work I had a horror start to the week. Due to being off sick for a large part of the work before I had so many urgent tasks to catch up on that I made it to 20 h of work on Monday and Tuesday alone
- We also started the new program my colleague is in charge of with a kick-off workshop. It was nice to get to know the new clients for the next year. I even like a few of them.
- Luckily I had a home office day on Wednesday so I had time to decompress and do my thing in my own pace and after my own schedule. It was glorious!
- Actually I had my last PhD class for this semester on Wednesday but I had to ditch it. My leg is troubling me a lot lately and the thought alone of sitting on a chair for three hours was completely out of question
- I busied myself cleaning the room of requirements instead. We’re trying to get rid of a lot of clutter and make it a room we can actually use as an office or spare bedroom
- In the evening we had pizza. I am loving this one lately.
- I wrote and published three blog posts here. I usually aim for 4 but due to my work schedule this had to take a backseat.
- My prime post was this ridiculously great tasting Vegeterian Mozzarella Gnocchis in Marinara Sauce. We have had this dish a couple of times in the last few weeks and it doesn’t loose it’s appeal.
- Food wise I am still happily riding on the a smoothie a day bandwagon. It feels good to get some greens and fruit inside every day. I don’t know if it’s only the psychological effect or if it really has an impact on my body as well but I am not fussy and take tzhem both with a bow!
- Crossfit happened again only once last week. I have a hard time to motivate me at the moment. Whenever I am there I love it but I use every excuse not to go. One very real and prominent is my leg though.
- Stefan and I had kind of a date on Friday. He cooked for me and we had dinner at our little kitchen table. It might look romantic but it wasn’t really romantic like you imagine a date to be. We had fun and it was exactly right. We’re not a romantic couple in the traditional sense.
- We had greek antipasti and gyros for dinner. This man can cook! The antipasti were store bought though. It’s all my favorites! Only the olives were missing but it was more than enough for an appetizer!
- I spent Saturday afternoon at the surprise baby party for a friend who’s first child is due in a few weeks. It was a really nice and relaxing afternoon but I realized that slowly I am part of a minority. Married childless women in their 30s (even when it’s early 30s) is not the rule apparently. My wish not to be a mum at the moment is still going strong though. I guess I still have a few years to decide whether that’s something I want for my life or not.
- Stefan was out in the evening and when I came home I had the apartment to myself. I spent the evening doing some behind the scenes blog stuff I was not really keen on and I had postponed for ages. To cheer me up a bit watched youtube videos. Every once in a while I really like to have a whole evening for myself.
- On Sunday we celebrated my father-in-laws birthday. We spend the afternoon and evening at my in-laws eating something like every 10 minutes. First there was cake, then we had a roast with red cabbage and vegetables and as a dessert we hade homemade Crème brûlée. Needless to say that I rolled home!
- You might have noticed that the white wine is back in my life. I don’t hate it!
- I also had a great share of spending time with people both online and offline and time for myself. If I can hold this ratio I am all happy!
So guys, the day is officially beginning! Here’s for a better week and month. Have a great start to your’s and I do my best to have a good start for myself!