This is one of those Mondays where I have to think really hard about what had happenend last week. I even have to consult my phone and look through my picture gallery and my snapchat history and maybe even check my Instagram and what’s app chats. This takes me a while. Not because I take so many pictures but because I get distracted easily by my what’s app chats. I have funny friends! And a funny sister. And they send me all kinds of funny shit. Like this (source)
Sadly I can relate waaaay too much! And I want to cuddle this poor kitten like crazy! After saying funny way too often for one intro now I might try to get a grip and make this fast and sweet today. It’s the first real day at the office. Means there are other people besides me and there’s real work to do! Tons of. Shittons of! But I stop these poor attempts of procrastination now and get to the point. Listing the last week with my girl Meg!
- I went to the office only one day of the four work days last week but I got all my shit done from home in no time. My office day was also quite productive and it all the shit you never do when work has you at your non-existent balls. Like dusting and filing and de-cluttering. It felt fabulous!
- I am also a rockstar in the smoothie department both at work and at home. So many greens went down my throat last week, I might turn green myself next. My game plan is to drink the stuff so I can focus on the less healthy stuff food wise. Like Spaghetti Bolognese (yesterday) or Pizza (Saturday) 😀 Sounds like a solid plan, right?
- The blog kept me occupied for some time as well. I posted 4 posts including two recipes. Both recipes I’ve made quite a few times before but never posted them. Both are also amongst my favorites.
- And this Veggie & Cheese Brunch Skillet Dish
- I also finally caught up on all my blog reading and also updated my Pinterest a little. How Pinterest really works is still a mistery to me but one I decided not to unlock for the moment. Too overwhelming!
- I slept unwell for most nights of the week lying awake on from 3 am to 5 am followed by restless sleep for the last hour of my night. Or getting up at 4.30 am wide awake with no chanche to find more sleep. It sucks.
- I am so in love with my kitchen since it’s nice and clean again. I spent so much time in my little kitchen conservatory last week, sipping coffee and working on my computer. It’s bright and cozy and my current happy place #1 directly followed by my couch! I also drink more when I work there. I have no idea why!
- On a positive sidenote I went to Crossfit again of Friday after an almost 4 weeks long hiatus. On a negative sidenote I still can’t move properly and my glutes kill me! I have signed up for tomorrow again.
- We spent Friday evening celebrating my friend Ulrike’s birthday at a Sushi Bar in Augsburg. It was such a funny and nice evening. She’s one of these amazing pregnant women who still stay a person on their own and can talk about other things than their pregnancy. I love it! Don’t get me wrong, I want to know everything what my friends feel comfortable to share but there are still other things in life as well. Like with everything I embrace balance here.
- I got a manicure on Saturday morning. I went for grey. It’s one of my favorite colors ever. Though some people might argue that’s it’s not a real color, I think it’s a really pretty color.
- I had a family dinner for my aunt’s birthday on Monday evening at a fabulous Steak restaurant we go sometimes. The steak is incredible and the price is so affordable! I love it!
- My mum and I went to IKEA and I got some kitchen utensils, shower curtains (boring stuff) and a beautiful wooden bowl. Completely necessary. You know what I mean 😉 I also tried to get me some kitchen props with my gift cards in Munich but I didn’t find anything I liked. So I keep them for a while. There will be something I can’t live without for sure soon!
- My leave for next summer got approved and Stefan and I spent Saturday afternoon at the coffee shop of one of my favorite book shops reading through travel guides and finalizing our list of travel destinations for the summer. So far we have Yellowstone National Park, Denver, Chicago, Cleveland, Buffalo, the Niagara Falls and Toronto. We’re still juggling possible flight dates around. We have two public holidays in August we’d like to cover and flight prices vary extremely. I am all kinds of excited. Both the positive looking-forward-to kind and the nervous kind! The nervous kind will pass once we have booked flights! Same game every year!
- And I am excited to see if I can really pack all my necessities in Edmund. If you wonder who Edmund is, you might have already seen him. It’s my new backpack. I gave him this name because of Sir Edmund Hillary and because Edmund sounds like a hipster backpacker. It makes sense to me!
- On Sunday I made more White Chocolate Macadamia Granola. It’s kind of a staple here now. On a second thought scrap the kind of!
- I also made Apple Crumble and brought it with us to our friend’s place where we had dinner and finally caught up after what feels like forever. Their little daughter is sooooo big already. I love to visit friends with kids as it’s always okay to meet and then go home again rather early. The evening was spent at happy place #2!
All in all I am pretty happy with my last week. It was a nice mixture of everything. I got back into the Crossfit saddle (though I feel more like I was thrown out of the saddle… multiple times), I was social without loathing it too much, I worked and played and planned my next travel which I really really love! I wouldn’t actually mind more weeks like this!
Do I get all my stuff in Edmund? He holds 70l! What do you think?