Have I ever mentioned that I really suck at writing intros? Like today when I was sitting in front of my screen staring at a blank space that was supposed to be an intro for my week in revue post and all I could think of was that I really really want to eat my lunch right now. And even when I gave in on my lunch cravings and started to eat the leftovers from yesterday’s recipe shooting for beakfast the muse didn’t kiss me. In fact I think she even gave me the finger! She’s a fickle women!
But anyways this post is almost written and it’s not the first time my muse is playing hide and seek with me. So let’s just try this without her…
Where do I start…. oh look, there are still noodles in my tupperware! Have I ever told you the story when I wanted to make noodles on a camping trip and mistook the lemonade for bottled water? No? Well that was actually really funny…. Oh shit!
Okay I totally suck without my muse and as it seems she had started Christmas early I’ll just spare us all the painful attempts to write something skillful and jump right into todays post. I am also linking-up with lovely badass Meg! The women who’s rocking to-do lists as well as intros!
- Work has been exhausting but yet again rewarding last week. I finished the interviews and finalized my client list for next year.
- I had one 5-hour group coaching and one 3-hour group coaching last week. I love them but they drain all energy from me. My brain always feels like bubble gum after these coachings but the feedback I get from my clients is absolutely worth it! Gosh do I sound corny. But working with those people and helping them to built more confidence and a sound strategy to achieve their goals is definitely the best part of my job!
- We had a few gorgeous sunsets this week here – yeah totally my merit but at least I took the pictures 😉
- On Thursday and Wednesday I worked from home. I had planned to take this time to finalize and prepare for my presentation on Wednesday evening but on Tuesday I received notification that the presentation had to be postponed to tonight. There went my motivation….. but I decided to finish the damn thing nonetheless.
- So I got up on Tuesday and casually watched a little youtube while having coffee. We had evening plans in Munich and I wanted to get done as much as possible before. At 11.30 am I finally shut off youtube. My bad! Such a glorious and time sucking invention! I took an early train to Munich and found me a nice table in one of my favorite coffee shops located on the top floor of one of my favorite book shops and worked on my data. I made good progress so I decided to do something fun afterwards: travel planning ♥
- Stefan and I met up for a little Christmas shopping in the early evening and then we went on a weeknight date. First we had a mulled wine on the Christmas Market at Marienplatz (kinda strange when your wintercoat is actually way to warm) and then we had Burger and other fried goodies at a pub where we go sometimes.
- I wrote and published 4 blog posts. I tried to get a little more into SEO and gave up on it again. I am just waiting until I have a little more time before I try to find out again what SEO is actually about. I always need to know why I have to do something. Just doing it is not good enough. Hence me and the corporate world haven’t been a good fit most probably.
- I went up to 5 cups of coffee a day. I need an extra cup between my second morning cup and the after lunch cup. I don’t hate it. And I googled it and as it seems 5 cups is still acceptable. Lucky me 😉
- I almost finished my Christmas Shopping! I have to pick up one more thing tomorrow and then I am all set! YAYYYYY!!!!!
- My sister came over on Friday and I made Hot Cider. I bought some Antipasti for us and then I made roasted bread with Tomato Basil Butter. Then I managed to let the whole tray fall on first me and then on the floor when I tried to get it out of the oven. Damn people who built in ovens that force me to handle hot trays overhead! The kitchen was splattered in hot butter and I had to clean it for a second time on that day. Right after laughing until I cried! I literally made it rain butter all over the kitchen…
- We did all the grocery shopping on Saturday morning. We had to go to the supermarket again in the afternoon. My shopping list was apparently not very well prepared.
- I got my nails done in a christmassy red color
- I made granola again on Saturday. We’re giving a holy lot of people granola as a Christmas gift this year. I also made mincemeat and I am so looking forward to digging in once it has marinated properly. I used Jen’s recipe for a lighter version and I couldn’t love it more! I know it’s pretty sweet and I am in a savory phase but it just brings back so many happy London memories 🙂
- On Sunday I made a huge batch of my new favorite recipe. Yes, it’s that good! It has beef and cashews and veggies in there and I am all gaga. Really really gaga! I also took a ton of pictures and also edited them right away. Here’s a sneak peek for you…
- I can easily get a little preoccupied when I am busy in the kitchen and sometimes I’d need an extra set of hands. Luckily I have a husband who jumps right in when I call him and helps me out with even the most stupid sounding requests without asking any questions. He took a few of my pics yesterday aka I made him push the release button after I had set up everything and explained in detail what he was supposed to see on the tiny camera screen while I was performing a Twister worthy balancing act on one leg and one arm trying to pick up some noodles with the chopsticks. Now he calls himself a food photographer and wonders if he’s ever going to eat warm food again!
- Then he made a new batch of Bailey’s as this is another thing we’re giving a bunch of people for Christmas and last weeks outcome was just not enough. So the remaining evening was cozily spend on the couch, quality controlling said Bailey’s and watching the first Miss Marple movie
Today (and actually tomorrow too) is going to be really busy. I am starting work early, match my clients in groups, tell them they have a spot in next year’s program, get some feedback on my presenation from my beloved colleague, fix the ‘bugs’ and then head home, jump on a train to Munich, wow them all with my presentation (haha) and then go to the Birthday party of my friend Sandra who came back home from New York this morning!Tomorrow I’ll finish work as soon as possible and then I have office free time until Monday – yay!!!!
Happy Christmas week lovelies!!!
When the muse strikes – how are you coping?