Hot food, spicy food, garlic and onions, cheese, meat and repeat! This is my life. And you know what? I love it! And Chimichurri is a vital part of it!
Summertime is BBQ time and I have a simple personality. Okay that’s a lie but when it comes to some things, I am easy. When I like something I do it again and again and again….
…..Sandwiches, Burger, BBQs and lately this wonderful fresh and spicy Chimichurri Bean Salad.
Today I am gonna spoil you all a bit. I have you provided with three recipes in one post here.
First you get the Chimichurri which beside its use in this Bean Salad recipe is also a fantastic condiment for meat and sandwiches.
Secondly you get the Chimichurri Bean Salad which is perfect as a side for a BBQ or even as a full lunch or dinner.
And as a cherry on top you get an inspiration to use up the leftovers. A Chimichurri Bean Sandwich with cheese that you can easily make on the grill.
Chimichurri three ways
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4-5 spring onions
- 2 handful of parsley
- 1,5 T dried oregano
- 1 T sriracha
- juice of 1/2 lime
- zests of 1 lime
- 4 T olive oil
- 3 T red vine vinegar
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Give the garlic, parsley and spring onions in a food processor and process ~ 20 sec until you have a chunky mass
- Add all the other ingredients and process until you have the desired consistency. For the bean salad I prefer smooth
Chimichurri Bean Salad
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can sweet corn
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 cucumber
- 2 cups diced tomato
- 1 avocado
- half of the Chimichurri Sauce
- Dice the cucumber, tomato and avocado
- Give the black beans, sweet corn and kidney beans in a large mixing bowl and stir well
- Add the cucumber and tomato and stir again
- Add the chimichurri and stir until well combined
- Now add the avocado and carefully fold in
Chimichurri Beans Salad Sandwich
- Chimichurri Bean Salad
- A few slices of Bread
- Grated cheese I always use Gouda
- Mix the grated cheese and the bean salad in a mixing bowl and and put on a slice of bread
- Now bake in the oven or just put it on the grill (low temperature) until the cheese is melted - Heaven!
Store the Chimichurri in a preserving jar - don't use plastic it will smell forever like onion and garlic
You can store the sauce in the fridge up to one week, maybe even longer but I never tried
The Salad can be stored in the fridge for two days
The Chimichurri is vegan and the Chimichurri Bean Salad is an excellent source of iron and protein
The sauce is also great with meat especially beef or some Oregano Ginger Chicken and as a condiment on sandwiches. Fantastic!
Have a great Sunday friends!
yumyy!! I love chimichurri it’s so delicious 🙂
Thank you 🙂 I could eat it all the time!!!!
Sandwich porn for the win!
Clearly I need to pick up some sriracha. I have everything else to make this sauce, salad and sandwich. Talk about a trifecta.
Trifecta, I like it 🙂 Oh yes, please do and tell me what you think!
I couldn’t live without sriracha. I use it for everything!
LOVE spicy food! Thanks for sharing!!
Me too 🙂 I spice up everything!