Breakfast is a tricky meal for me. I go through phases that change every few month or so and whilst being in a specific phase I cannot eat anything else no matter what. When we go out for breakfast I even eat a first phase-friendly breakfast at home. There was the oatmeal era, the green smoothie phase, the tit bake era and now I am head over ears in love with CLIF BARS <3
Some time back I tried to recreate my favorite peanut flavored CLIF BAR. The result was this no-bake Homemade CLIF BARS. Today I took a different approach and made a baked bar that not only combines all the good things from bar #1 but also takes the deliciousness to the next level!
The Homemade Triple Almond and Chocolate CLIF BARS are naturally high in protein and therefore don’t need any added protein powders. I swear I’ll never touch a store brought bar ever again for breakfast! Okay I back out. Let’s say I will when I am going to the US in summer. Too many great flavors we don’t get our hands on here.
Homemade Triple Almond and Chocolate CLIF BARS
- 1 and 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 and 1/2 cups dried soy beans
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 T agave syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 large eggs
- chocolate drops
- Give the oats and soy beans into a food processor and blend until you reach a floury consistency
- Give the oat and soy flour and the almond flour to a large mixing bowl and add the maple and agave syrup and the almond butter
- Stir with a fork until the dry ingredients are completely wet
- Now add the chopped almonds and chocolate and incorporate well
- At last add the eggs and stir again with the fork until you have a sticky dough
- Wet your hands and form 8 bars
- Place the bars on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and put it in the oven for 12 minutes at 170°C (340°F)
It's fabulous for breakfast obviously but also a great pre- or post-workout snack
They taste also great when still warm!
Okay I am having another one now 😀
I am linking up with Laura again today! Let’s find out what kind of #strangebutgood recipes the other bloggers came up with 😀
Thank God it’s Friday! I am in a ridiculously good mood! Unfortunately I’ll have a boring weekend before me with Stefan being out and about a lot. Gosh, after all this am I really complaining about some calm and quiet? I guess I can always keep me busy with some USA planning 😀
What’s your favorite CLIF BAR flavor?
Have a great Friday and a fabulous weekend!