Stefan is a huge fan of all things pasta. And I am not. When it comes to eating grains I am team bread and rice. But he would eat pasta a few times the week if it wasn’t for me. But sometimes only sometimes I get a weird craving for a giant plate of Italian Pesto Pasta Salad.
And when I need a quick and easy fix for dinner which leaves me also with enough leftovers to cover lunch this recipe is clearly the winner in my books.
I’ve brought this salad also to BBQ parties and it’s always been a huge success. When you count a totally cleared out bowl as success. And I love that this Italian Pesto Pasta Salad takes you no more than 15 minutes + time to let the flavors infuse.
Easy Pesto Pasta Salad
- 250 g pasta
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped dried tomatoes
- 3 T pesto of choice - I used Wild Garlic Parmesan Pesto
- 1/2 cup roasted pine seed
- 1 cup mozzarella teared apart with the hands - seriously don'r cut it!
- Cook the pasta as usual
- When you drain the water make sure to leave a little in the pasta pot. I'd say about 1/2 cup
- Add the pesto, stir well and set aside to let cool
- Add all the other ingredients and let set
Stored in an airthight container in the fridge the pasta salad will be good up to three days.
I am linking up with Laura again today! Let’s find out what kind of #strangebutgood recipes the other bloggers came up with 😀
Now I am doing nothing! Yeah you heard right. I am doing absolutely nothing. It’s a public holiday in Germany and it’s already noon and I am still wearing my pajamas.
Have a great Friday and a fabulous weekend!
That sounds like Vegas and me – she would eat pasta every meal if she could! This one actually reminds me of one of her favorites, but it’s with smoked mozzarella. Can’t go wrong with cheese and pasta. 🙂
Oh smoked mozzarella sounds gooooooood! No cheese and pasta is a winner combo 🙂