Though I am entirely a creature of habit when it comes to eating food I often get bored and need a new inspiration when it comes to making food. I like to eat the same things over and over again but need variation in the cooking process nonetheless. Sometimes when I eat out at a restaurant or a food market I find something I need to recreate like the Swabian Dinnete or I try to substitute sugar loaded versions to create my own healthy snacks like the Homemade Clif Bars or the Hazelnut Quinoa Bars. And most of the time I just try to create something around my favorite foods like the Lemon & Garlic Asparagus Focaccia.
But not this time. This time I was drawn to this goodie I recreated here not because I liked the taste of it so much but because I love the sound its name: Rocky Road……Rocky Road…..Rocky Road!
Unfortunately when I tried Rocky Road for the first time in London last year I wasn’t really stunned by the taste. Too sweet! The I tried it again in New York last summer and it was the same again. Too sweet! Maybe actually the fact that I don’t like Marshmallows plays a role in this assessment, too. Though somehow Rocky Road stuck in my head. What a luck that re-creating a recipe gives you the power to sub and change anything you like.
Healthy Rocky Road
- 250 g cacao butter
- 120 g almond butter
- 125 g agave syrup
- 125 g cacao powder
- 30 g carob powder
- 125 g dried apple
- 30 g dried cranberries
- 30 g roasted almonds chopped
- Melt the cacao butter in a large bowl in your microwave
- Add the cacao powder, carob powder, agave syrup and the almond butter and stir with a fork until everything is well incorporated. Set aside for a few minutes until slightly cooled
- Chop the apple and almonds and add the with the cranberries into the chocolate mass
- Stir again and then pour into a baking tray lined with baking parchment
- Let cool in the fridge or freezer for 30 - 60 minutes or until completely cooled before cutting into pieces
I use the same a baking tray as I use for all my bar recipes. It's a brownie tray of 25 x 21 cm
This recipe is vegan and paleo friendly
So I am linking up with Laura again! Let’s find out what kind of #strangebutgood recipes the other bloggers came up with 😀
Now I am going to enjoy a large piece of
Have a great Friday and a fabulous weekend!