Ever since I was a little girl my favorite cake in the world was my Mum’s Carrot Cake. So it is no surprise that when I was asked what kind of cake I wanted for my Birthday my answer has always been the same: Carrot Cake! – obviously!
The evening before my Birthday my Mum would bake a Carrot Cake and decorate it with the number of marzipan mice matching my new age. Over the years I lost the interest in the mice as they only distracted from the wonderful flavours of the cake. With me moving out and growing older and older this tradition died out.
Fast forward a few years I am still nostalgic when it comes to this kind of cake. And it’s still my absolute favorite! I’ve tried many variations like muffins and breads and of course pancakes. And as it’s my Birthday week I thought it might on the one hand be a nice breakfast for me today and on the other hand it would be the perfect occasion to share my recipe with you today!
Healthy Birthday Carrot Pancakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp ground hazelnut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1 small carrot grated
- coconut oil for the pan
- 1 tsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp hazelnut butter
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- sugar sprinkles
- Mash the banana and then add all the dry ingredients
- Mix well together and then add the eggs. Whisk with a wire whip until everything is well incorporated
- Now fold in the carrots and add the agave syrup if you want a little extra sweetness
- In a frying pan melt the coconut oil and bake the pancakes the usual way
- In a small bowl add the coconut milk, hazelnut butter and maple syrup, stir well until combined and pour over the pancake tower
- Sprinkle a few sugar sprinkles on top and voila there you go with a birthday worthy pancake tower breakfast
Psssst, can you keep a secret? I don’t only eat this on Birthday mornings 😉
I am linking up with Laura again today! Let’s find out what kind of #strangebutgood recipes the other bloggers came up with 😀
Now let’s celebrate a little 😀
Have a great Friday and a fabulous weekend!