Hello again party people! I promised a new bar recipe for today and I am happy to deliver. I must admit that I have criminally neglected peanut butter over the last months. With all those alternatives it’s hard to treat them all equally. BUT luckily my gateway drug has made a reappearance and definitely won’t disappear again anytime soon.
I have mentioned some of those matches made in heaven on Monday and one I definitely forgot was Peanut Butter and Chocolate. Throw in some crunch and I am all yours.
Chocolate and Peanutbutter Cornflakes Bars
- 150 g peanut butter
- a pinch of salt
- 200 g unsweetened cornflakes
- 120 g honey
- 2 tbsp PB2
- 60 g cocoa powder
- 250 g cocoa butter
- Melt the cocoa butter in a water bath
- Give the honey, peanut butter in a large bowl and stir with a fork until combined
- Now add the salt, PB2 and cocoa powder and stir again
- When the cocoa butter is fully melted add to the bowl and stir until everything is well combined
- Now add the cornflakes and knead carefully with your hands until the chocolate mass has covered all the cornflakes. That's essential in order to prevent the bars from crumbling apart
- Line a big baking tray with some baking parchment and give the mass into the form
- With your hands spread the dough and press slightly to the ground
- Chill for 30 min in the freezer or at least 60 min in the fridge
- Remove it from the baking tray and cut into the desired size. I get about 16 squares out of this recipe
When you cut the squares, give the whole block on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife and cut the pieces with a single fast movement.
Store in the fridge and use up within one week
If you have some crumbles left you can use them to top your yoghurt bowls or smoothies. Delicious!
A nice little crunchy treat combining some lovely components. And as it's conflakes I have no worried to dig in as a breakfast as well. Not too strange today but definitely good!
I am linking up with Laura again today! Let’s find out what kind of #strangebutgood recipes the other bloggers came up with 😀
Have a great Friday and a fabulous weekend!