I love me a good old snack and honestly, who doesn’t. As much as I like all the balls and bites I made over the last months the slacker in me sometimes loves a good old bar recipe. The perks of just cutting the portions out of a big chunk instead of forming all of them single-handedly.
A new year a new round of recipes. Most of these I develop with one person in mind – the best husband in the world and lover of all sweat treats I whip up. And when he asked for a new batch of bars I happily danced to the kitchen, slipt into my apron, got out the magic wooden spoon and well this was the result.
Hazelnut Quinoa Bars
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 30 g carob powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 100 g chopped hazelnuts
- 125 g puffed quinoa
- 120 g agave syrup
- 120 g hazelnut butter
- 250 g cocoa butter
- Melt the cocoa butter in a water bath
- In the meantime give all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well
- Now add the agave syrup, hazelnut butter and cocoa butter and blend gently with a large spoon
- Use your hand now and knead the dough until everything is combined and well spread
- Line a big baking tray with some baking parchment and pour the dough into the form
- With your hands spread the dough and press slightly to the ground until you have a firm mass
- Chill for 30 min in the freezer or at least 60 min in the fridge
- Remove it from the baking tray and cut into the desired size. I get 24 bars out of this recipe
The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, low in sugar and most probably gone in only one afternoon. But it’s a good thing when you eat them up fast as it’s a good opportunity to make another snack treat!
I am linking up with Laura again today! Let’s find out what kind of #strangebutgood recipes the other bloggers came up with 😀
Have a great Friday and a fabulous weekend!
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine says
Wait…where’s the quinoa?
Ooops, I forgot the key ingredient!
Thanks for telling me. I updated the list of ingredients 🙂
I want to eat this right now. I love chocolate anything. Perfectly #strangebutgood. 🙂
P.S. Thank you for your sweet comment Wednesday!
Thank you and you’re welcome 🙂
I love to see a happy face and you my dear smiled so genuinely happy – just wonderful! And you made my flip through my wedding pictures again 😉
Miss Polkadot says
These look just like the amaranth bars I used to buy at Alnatura and had meant to recreate forever – because there’s no Alnatura in the middle of nowhere … You beat me to it and made them even better! Go you 🙂 . And happy New Year! I hope we’ll be able to let those meet-up plans become reality this year!
Thanks Lovely! I am sure they are great with amaranth, too! Yum, amaranth 🙂