My husband is a happy camper. At least that’s what I force him to say 😉 Because exactly like last year I made him an Advent Calendar filled with tasty and healthy treats. Remember the Christmas Sweets from last year? Well this year I came up with three brand new flavors: Fruity Gingerbread – also known as “Printe” in Germany -, Nougat Mocha – also known as “holy shit are they good” – and Chocolate Hazelnut which taste a bit like Hanuta 🙂 Do my not German readers know Hanuta?
I’ll make this a little Advent series and give you one of those recipes every now and then until Christmas. Today we start with the most German of the three, the paleo and vegan version of a Printe. Hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 cup soft prunes
- 1 cup pecan nuts (you can sub for almonds)
- 1 tbsp coconut flour (you can sub for almond flour)
- 1 tbsp gingerbread spices
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- Put the prunes and salt into your food processor and mix on a high intensity until smooth. They should come out as a chewy thick paste.
- Now add the pecans and pulse again until the nuts are almost completely ground
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon and gingerbread spice and mix until well combined
- Now pour the dough into a large bowl and knead with your hands until a big ball forms
- Take small portions out of the big ball and form little ones
- Let set in the fridge for about 1h
Store airtight in the fridge or outside. They will be much harder when cold. I love this recipe as it is vegan, paleo, grain free and dairy free and you don’t have to bake it. Perfect for a quick sweet craving in between, for breakfast, as a gift or in my case in a healthy Advent calendar.
I am linking up with Laura again today! Let’s find out what kind of #strangebutgood recipes the other bloggers came up with 😀
Have a nice weekend lovelies!