Great things come out of mugs. Let me procure some evidence: Coffee, Tea, Mulled Wine, Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Coffee, Coffee, Coffee… okay I am back. And that’s only the liquid part. Because then there are our beloved mug cakes obviously. Many great recipes are out there and today I am going to present you the one that makes my breakfast a pleasant start of the day.
I does look good, doesn’t it? And who could resist cake for breakfast? I certainly not!
- 3/4 cup pureed fruit or butternut squash (I use a mashed banana or apple puree)
- 1 cup milk of choice (I use macadamia milk or hazelnut milk)
- 2 eggs (medium to large)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp gingerbread spice
- 1 tsp agave syrup or honey (optional)
- paleo chocolate (the more the merrier)
- Stir all the ingredients except the chocolate together in a small bowl or large mug
- Now sprinkle the chocolate on top
- Microwave the mug for approx. 4-5 minutes depending on the microwave. The chocolate should be mostly melted and the cake should have firmed up
This little gem makes me full for the entire morning. It’s an easy, grain-free breakfast and snack.
I am linking up with Laura again today! Let’s find out what kind of #strangebutgood recipes the other bloggers came up with 😀
Have a nice weekend lovelies!