I can’t belive my three-week vacation at home is over now. I had some great days this week and it was certainly a good time. Yesterday I went to the hair dresser’s and next to a haircut I got the most amazing head massage I ever had. I almost fell asleep and it definitely released some tension. In the evening I went to the gym and rocked an amazing workout. Due to my usual sweaty palms I often have problems with holding the kettlebells tight. I got me a pair of gloves now and it helped amazingly. I could even up my weights 😉
But enough prep talk now. So today it’s Friday and traditionally it’s time for a new recipe 🙂
A fruity summer recipe with a spicy edge. And hey what’s better than a peach crust? Yes, a double peach crust. You’ll find the magic key ingredient in the marinade as well as in the actual crust. So sit down and enjoy a peachy summer breeze 🙂
Double Peach Crusted Turkey Breast
Ingredients for the Marinade
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 pureed peach
Ingredients for the Crust
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 peach finely diced
- Cut about 300-400g turkey breast into desired size and shape
- In a shallow bowl combine all ingredients for the marinade
- Beat well with a fork until you get a smooth paste
- Add the meat and put aside
- I another bowl combine all the ingredients for the crust and knead with your hands until you have a thick paste
- Now place the meat on a baking tray and cover with the leftover marinade
- Use your hands to cover the meat with the crust. Don't be afraid to make a thick layer 🙂
- Now give the tray to your oven and bake at 200°C for about 30 minutes. If your meat is thinner you probably need only 25 minutes, if it's thicker you might have to add another 5 minutes
Okay guys. Coffee time and then I have to finalize my last tax bills to hand in. Not funny. Tonight we’re going to celebrate with my best friend aka the best man Steve. He got a brilliant job offer for an unterminated contract as a maths and physics teacher for middle school with the city of Munich right after finishing his qualification. For my non-German friends, this is like winning the lottery! He totally deserves it and I am so happy for him!
I am linking up this recipe with Laura 😀 Make sure to head over and check out all the other blogger’s #strangebutgood recipes. Those are always amazing!
Have a nice Friday lovelies!
Arman @ thebigmansworld says
Omg. Juli- from the marinade to the crust- This is perfection. I can’t wait for Laura to see this. She’ll twerk in excitement. (I already did)
😀 😀 😀 I read your comment after a horrible morning fighting with bank and tax stuff. Absolutely the mental picture I needed to distract me!
I love when the hair stylist rubs my head. I could pass out!
I could also pass out from the thought of the marinade – #strangebutgood perfection!!!
Thank you so much! Very much appreciated from the #strangebutgood Queen 🙂
Tina Muir says
Oh this sounds woooooonnnddeerrrffulll! I love that it has curry powder in too, pinning!
I am glad you like it 🙂 After all you’re responsible for the idea to incorporate peaches 🙂
Three weeks has gone by already. Man time is flying.
I know! It’s unreal!