it’s Friday and officially my last day at work for more than 7 beautiful weeks! I am torn. Excitement, freedom and joy on the one hand and on the other hand I am a little afraid that something goes wrong in my absence. But anyways I am not there so I won’t even notice 🙂
If you are a regular visitor/ blend/ stalker you’ve certainly already realized that I have a huge addiction to Sweetpotato stuffed with Chili con Carne and melted cheese. As Chili is a big fat NO on my plate during the Whole30 (which will be over next Wednesday) I made a huge batch of Quick Bolognese the other day. You have to fill the chili gap somehow, haven’t you?
Then on Tuesday I had some Bolognese as well as some hash brown leftovers. I reckon minced meat and sweetpotato are very close friends in my mind so who is actually surprised that the idea of this lovely Grain free Hash Brown Lasagne was born. For me (at the moment) without cheese for Stefan the real deal! Stefan said it’s one of the best Lasagnes he ever had. I know he might be a little biased but never look a gift horse in the mouth…
Grain free Hash Brown Lasagne
Ingredients of Hash Browns
- 1 sweetpotato
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp bell pepper powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
Ingredients of the Quick Bolognese Sauce
- 200 g lean ground beef
- 1 can unprocessed tomato in pieces
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp hot red bell pepper powder
- salt and pepper
Directions for making Hash Browns
- Grate the Sweet Potato or grind it in your food processor until you reach the desired consistency
- Mix in the two eggs and all the spices
- Combine everything well
- Now you can either fry the hash browns in a frying pan or use your oven
- Make sure to use enough coconut oil when you use a pan
- If you decide to use the oven line a baking tray with some paper
- Either way place egg sized portions of the mixture on the tray or in the pan and flatten them
- Bake or fry until firm and slightly brown
Directions for the Quick Bolognese Sauce
- Chop the onions and sauté lightly with the oil in a frying pan until they turn translucent
- Add the beef and stir until lightly brown
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and spices and boil lightly for 5 minutes
- Now we need some cheese as it's time to pile up the Lasagne
- Use this order: Hash Brown, Cheese, Bolognese, Cheese, Hash Brown, Cheese, Bolognese, Cheese, Hash Brown, Cheese
- Now either place it in the oven until the cheese is melted or melt it in your microwave for about 1 minute
- Et voila!
Okay guys I have to work now. I need to get some shit done 😛 And before Arman denounces me to commit a food crime I am linking up with Laura for sharing a Strange but Good food taste 😀 Make sure to head over and check out all the other blogger’s #strangebutgood recipes. Those are amazing!
Have a nice Friday lovelies! I hope your workday isn’t too long today!
Ema Jones says
I liked the Quick Bolognese Sauce you made..
Can I use anything else other than sweet potatoes?
Just like you, I love making sauces/dips/jams/stocks/pickles at home. Now make homemade Vegan Cream Cheese
Thank you 🙂 I reckon you can use white potatos as well. As they need a little longer in the pan, make sure to use a lower heat and fry/bake them a little longer.
That creem cheese recipe looks lovely. I’ll give it a try!
Arman @ thebigmansworld says
I am STOKED you posted this recipe- I am going to make it, avec une white potato…
Hell, I’ll make it with a sweet one it looks so delicious!
There’s no way I make you eat a sweet potato. If you really do this I need photo proof! Otherwise I won’t believe you 😉
Linda @ Fit Fed and Happy says
Hash brown lasagna? Are you making a whole new level of delicious?! I think you just did!
Haha that’s so nice of you 🙂 Thank you!
GiGi Eats Celebrities says
Holy beef in my mouth, this is epic – and will be pinned, RIGHT NOW!
Thank you so much! 🙂 I am thrilled!
I’d have to eat Stephen’s portion. You understand. 😉
ENJOY YOUR VACATION!!!
Up from tomorrow me too! Thank you lovely! I will 🙂
No work for 7 weeks?! Color me jealous. And this lasagna! I don’t know which is better – the vaca or the meal. I’ll take both. 😉
Thank you so much 🙂 I really need a vacation now as well as a huge piece of Lasagne <3
Nathalie C. says
This lasagna looks DELICIOUS!! Thanks for sharing, I can’t wait to make try it 🙂