Monday morning. Luckily we have a long weekend here in Germany as I am still feeling not on top of the world again. The good thing is that I can imagine eating again. Originally I planned to start the Whole30 today but I totally forgot that we have our Wedding Anniversary next Sunday and we still have the frozen cake top in the freezer we kept for this day. So I would be very miserable if I had to pass on the last remaining of my wedding cake. So next Monday’s THE DAY!
But now let’s talk about my last week list-style.
- Life was a bit slow last week – the focus definitely was on work
- On Friday we started to work at 6 am and left at 1pm – the sun was shining and we had a little car party on our way home
- Spontaneously we decided to have lunch in a little beergarden. Though the little village was only 20 min from home it was like a vacation in anther world. Sunny, calm, just lovely!
- On Saturday we had the bespoken Birthday Bash! Definitely worth a 30th Birthday celebration!
- I managed to cook more this week
- And I had tons of fresh fruit what was amazing!
- But there was some Pizza
- And there was the aforementioned Schnitzel! Funnily I noticed on Friday morning that I hadn’t had a portion of fries on my own in ages! Then we hit the beergarden and I ordered Schnitzel with fries. But I ended up eating the whole Schnitzel and only a few of the fries. Lessons learned: I don’t need a portion of fries on my own. But I could have done with another piece of meat 😉
- I curse myself a little for not starting the Whole30 today as I am exactly in the right mindset now. I don’t want sugar, cheese, a drink or any crap convenience food at all. But hey nobody says I can’t eat wholesome, healthy food instead without doing the Whole30.
- I worked out three times this week! Not great but a bit better than last week.
- Wednesday evening was Soccer practice.
- Crossfit happened on Tuesday and Thursday
- But work was horribly time-consuming last week and more workouts were impossible to schedule
- I worked a lot last week
- On Monday evening there was a panel discussion I had to attend and I didn’t make it home until 9pm
- On Tuesday I spend the day in the office working my way through the email craze. I couldn’t finish my work though!
- On Wednesday after going to the tax accountant I worked from home
- On Thursday we had this company presentation I had to go. It was crazy! I met with the attendants at the company but they got a wrong information regarding the meeting point. After we had figured that out I drove to the other entrance (5 min by car – more than 25 by foot) twice and brought them to the right meeting point. We started 30 min late but is was interesting nonetheless.
- On Friday I started work at 6am and had a 3,5 h workshop at 8am. It was a really good workshop and the attendents were really happy with the results. What a great feeling to start the weekend with!
- Thesis didn’t happen – at all! I need to revise my plans for thee presentation.
Next week is going to be demanding again though I decided to do nothing but thesis related stuff. Okay not nothing but I keep it as short as possible! For today a lot of couching, a bbq and maybe a trail run is on the list. Maybe as at the moment we have over 30°C and I can’t imagining going out for a run. If it’s a little cooler tonight I need to hit the trail hard. Sweat it all out of the system!
How was your week?
Do you stop cooking, working out when you have a demanding work week? Any recommendations not to fall in that trap?
Have a lovely start to the week!