yay it’s Friday 🙂 I came to the office this morning just to find a couple of things messed up overnight. Excuse me, I left at 6pm yesterday how can crazy shit like that pop up overnight. On a Friday morning? I am practicing not to get stressed out by every little quirk right now. So what do I do? Get me a cup of coffee and share a recipe with you. The mess will surely still be there in 30 minutes 😛
Yesterday I told you about my new summer drink I am totally gonna share with you today. On Wednesday I was looking for an afternoon snack but I also wanted a cup of coffee AND it was super hot in my apartment so I put on my thinking cap and threw together some great ingredients. And voila, the frothy, chilled, thick and creamy Coconut Protein Frappuccino was born.
- 2 tbsp oats
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut (you can also use either shredded coconut or coconut flour but you should double it then)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 1/3 cup frozen coconut milk (I used rice-coconut for the second time which was also good)
- a double shot espresso
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used plant-based sunwarrior chocolate protein powder)
- crushed ice (optionally)
- Put the oats, chia, coconut flor and shredded coconut, the espresso and banana into your food processor and blend until smooth. The concoction will have a thick texture.
- Now add the frozen milk and blend until well incorporated.
- Now add the protein powder and crushed ice and blend for another 1-2 minutes until your frappucchino reaches a thick and creamy texture and you have no ice cubes left.
- Enjoy ice-cold
Originally invented as a snack I had one for breakfast this morning and can recommend it for that as well. D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!!
When the summer comes back I am always craving iced drinks. And as I got a mail by the beginning of the week that Starbucks offers a Frappucccino Happy Hour I was haunted by the longing for a frappuccino! Needless to say that a Starbucks Frappu makes my intestines stage a performance of Stomp! So what’s the smart girl doing? Getting her own version 😀
Can I say I am in love? You can of course leave out the protein powder to get a really nice coffee smoothie. But I like to add it for thickness and creaminess.
Okay folks, back to the work craze!
What’s your favorite Frappuccino flavor?
Stefan doesn’t like banana and avocado. Any recommendations for a substitute?
Have a nice Friday lovelies!