yay it’s Friday 🙂 I hope you all have great plans for the weekend! Today finally 6 month after having a surveyor over at our apartment my landlord and our house management are going to have a look at our windows and decide how to proceed. The problen is that the windows are old and porous and we constantly battle humidity in our apartment. They’ll turn up around 3.30 pm and we have to clean the apartment before. Hello, the landlord is coming and I’d rather die than letting him see an untidy room. Call me old-school but I want to leave a good impression.
So this means two things:
- we’ll have to leave work at noon
- tomorrow’s officially a chore-free day!!!
Maybe we’re going to spend the afternoon at our friend Manu’s new apartment. He moved in with his girlfriend a couple of weeks ago and now they adopted a cat. And then there will be a very lazy evening at home! Doesn’t that sound blissful?
But first this morning I have to get some work done. But not without sharing my recipe of Peanutbutter & Chocolate Clif Bars with you! Those are gluten-free, vegan and if you have a peanut allergy you can sub the peanutty ingredients for almondy ingredients.
Homemade Clif Bar
- 1,5 cups oats
- 1 cup dried soy beans
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1 tbsp peanut flour I used pb2
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt if you decide to use salted peanut butter I would not recommend to add salt
- 1/3 cup shredded peanuts
- chocolate drops I used dark vegan ones
- Shred the oats, soy beans and peanuts in a food processor until you've reached the desired consistency. If you prefer a smoother bar shred longer, if you like your bars crunchier shred less
- Add the other dry ingredients and mix until well combined
- Now add all the wet ingredients and mix again until you have a smooth dough
- Divide the dough into 12 parts and form onto balls. Mine turned out pretty oily so I removed some of the oil with a paper towel
- Now flat the balls with the ball of your hand and form into desired shape
- Decorate with the chocolate drops
Okay friends now I am on duty 😉 I have some unpleasant obstacles to battle. Sometimes I feel like a kindergartener though I am working with adults. Same behaviour, different playground!
And then I have some pressing questions:
What should I make for dinner tonight?
How high is up? Why is the sky blue? And whatever happened to Mrs. Healy?
Have a great Friday lovelies! Hope your weekend starts tonight 😀