happy Thursday! Thank you all so much for your nice words yesterday regarding my exhaustion. Today I finally had to see sense and call in sick. Now I’m sitting on my couch with my computer on my lap and just start thinking out loud! If you want to learn more about the idea behind the link-up just click here
1. At the moment I am feeling pretty great though I am really exhausted and feel sick. Does that make sense? Though being actually sick I am snuggled up on the couch, I already had a great breakfast of tit bake (okay I will never be able to call it egg bake again), a grilled cheese sandwich and coffee. And the best is that the sun is shining again. Ah yes there was also a second coffee 🙂
2. The stand-up paddling season starts in early May again. I am already looking forward to it. It’s such a blast paddling over the lake and enjoying nature. We consider going on a guided river tour next year with two friend of us. Our dream destination is Canada. The nature is just so stunning. On Sunday we’re going to meet our friends for a BBQ and we plan on working our way through the glossy travel brochures. It’s of course a matter of money and skills. We would have to train paddling on rivers here of course. But I would love to go on this adventure!
I got this picture from here. Also read this amazing post about stand-up paddling!
3. As I do not really have a lot to do I found out that if I was a minion I would be Phil!
Phil is Type A and loves to clean and organize. You are a planner and always take responsibility for what needs to get done. Your friends rely on you to be a leader, a position in which you shine!
I’ll take it 😉
4. Last week I attended this conference at work. It was about gender and diversity. It was very enlightening for two reasons!
First I learned that apparently I should have suffered from severe discrimination and that I should have barely achieved my degree by the fact that I am a first-time academic! Apparently it is a flaw that my parents never attended university and due to that I had an unsupportive upbringing. And apparently I should feel ashamed about that! SERIOUSLY? I WAS PISSED OFF IMMENSELY BY THIS STUPID SMUG GUY!
Second I learned that every women must be emancipated but true emancipation is only achievable if we do exactly what gender specialists say. Yes I belive this is what’s emancipation is really all about: Following the rules of somebody else! DO THOSE PEOPLE NEVER LISTEN TO WHAT THEY SAY????? I’d rather do what I want even if that meant I am being “unemancipated” than following a stupid mainstream and be unhappy! In my books true emancipation means being able to do whatever YOU want! I think that’s really worth achieving!
5. This really really cracked me up! I admire this person from the heart. Getting spoilered would be a serious threat for me as well!
6. I’ve bookmarked a few recipes lately and I think I will give Meghan’s Lemon Blueberry Granola a try tomorrow. We ran out of granola a few weeks ago and I was looking for a fresher version of granola for spring. Meghan’s recipe sounds delightful and I can’t wait to give it a try!
Okay now I am going to watch a little mindless telly and then I am going to dig into a huge bowl of salad with egg whites, buffalo mozzarella, veggies , artichokes and olives. YUM YUM 🙂
Wish you a very happy Thursday 🙂 And don’t forget to check out more witty randomness over there.