Happy happy Friday Bloggie friends! What a relief that it’s already Friday! I am so ready for the weekend!
For today I’m not only posting a yummy new recipe of me but I also link-up with Davida for her great St. Patrick’s Day Green Food link-up!
I hope you don’t mind me linking-up though my picture isn’t really green. The photo is not brand new and therefore I had to go with what I had already made. But obviously my quinoa stuffed bell pepper recipe can be made totally of green bell pepper of course and additionally I’m giving you a recipe recap of all my mainly green recipes 🙂 Enjoy all the green food!
Quinoa Stuffed Bell Pepper
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 bell peppers (which ever color you fancy) cut in halves
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 200 g tomato, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 300 g spinach
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 100 g cheese
- 1,5 tbsp cumin
- 1,5 tbsp hot bell pepper powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Cook the quinoa and set aside
- Give all the veggie (except the spinach) into a big bowl
- Stir the spinach and garlic in a frying pan until cooked and add to the bowl of veggies
- Now add the spices and quinoa to the veggies
- Give in the lemon juice, soy sauce and cheese and mix well
- Stuff your bell pepper halves with the quinoa mix and bake at 200°C for approximately 10 min until lightly brown
It’s so yummy and healthy and perfect for food prep. You can just make a batch of those on the weekend and take them to work as a side or main dish. It should be good in the fridge for minimum 3 days.
So and now let’s celebrate all the green food 🙂
St. Patrick’s Day Green Food
It’s again another short Friday for me! I can’t wait to get out of the office! The weather is just too nice!
Today Stefan and I celebrate our 2-year engagement anniversary! Not really a day you usually celebrate but we both love a good excuse to fire up the grill and enjoy a giant steak with potatoes and asparagus.
Have a great start to the weekend lovely’s! And don’t forget to head over to lovely Davida and check out all the delicious green food she cooked up.