can you belive this is my 100th post!!!! Time flies! After 100 posts I am feeling so happy to have this blog and I am sure there is a lot more I will share with you guys! I feel that my life is so enriched through blogging I can hardly believe I waited so long to get started!
Today is the first “real” day in 2014. For me it’s always this Monday that makes me realize that the next time off is far far away… Luckily the next trip is already scheduled. We’ll fly to London over my birthday weekend 😀 I am so looking forward! Unfortunately this too means that I am coming nearer to my last year as a twen. I am a little scared of the big 3-0! But that’s something I can worry about soon enough! Today I am rather worrying whether you like my Monday recipe 😉
I have been inspired by my meal plan which is pretty cool but by any means not possible to follow when you live in Germany. So I took the basic ingredients of the day and created something totally different…
Sweetpotato Curry with Chicken
Ingredients (makes two servings):
- 1 sweetpotato (diced)
- 1 small red onion (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 10 cherry tomatos (in halves)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 1 tsp sambal
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 200g chicken breast
- Heat a frying pan and give in the sweetpotato – roast lightly
- Now add the chopped onion and stir well until lightly roasted too
- Pour in about 1/2 cup water
- Add the bellpepper and tomatoes and let cook for about 5 minutes – if necessary add a little more water
- Now add the soy sauce, sambal, curry paste and peanut butter
- Stir until everything is well combined
- Set aside
- In a second frying pan heat some coconut oil and sear the chicken breast
- Now you can either combine it or serve separately
This really is delicious! For a vegan alternative you can of course have it without chicken. Sometimes I am really fascinated how the simplest things turn out to be the most delicious! So far everything is absolutely perfect regarding my meal plan. I had not a single thing that was out of scope the last few days and I haven’t been hungry at all. As a plus I already lost a little weight which keeps me absolutely motivated. I am feeling energized and relaxed. So far a winner!
How are your proceeding with your goals?
Have a good start to the first real week 2014!
Arman @ thebigmansworld says
YUM!!! I will indeed be giving this a go! My goals…well I have a post scheduled for tomorrow about one in particular 😉
If you ever try it please let me know your thoughts. Well I think I have to head over to your blog now and check that one out 😀