this is the last post of the old year – and man it was a good one! One of the best things about 2013? I finally had the guts to start my own blog. I am not perfect and I am by far not as good as my favorite bloggers. It’s not really easy to be my usual witty and charming self using a foreign language 😉 No, jokes aside – sometimes I’m just not sure if I always succeed in conveying the meaning I want to. But I am really happy and grateful for all the kind feedback and response I get from you. So I must do something right at least 😉
So what happened the last 12 month….
My favorite movies in 2013 (not necessarily released in 2013)
- Catching Fire
- Silver Lining Playbook
- The perks of being a wallflower
My favorite TV series in 2013
- The Mentalist
- White Collar
- Pretty Little Liars (one of my guilty pleasures)
My best events in 2013 see here
My favorite songs in 2013
- Cinematic Orchestra – Arrival of the birds & Transformation
- Paul McDonald & Nikki Reed – All I’ve ever needed (to which I was walking down the aisle)
- Cascada – Everytime we tough (Rumba Version) (our first dance)
- Avicii – Wake me up & Hey brother (best running songs ever)
- Zucchero – Baila (wherever, whenever it always makes me feel the summer)
- One Republic – Counting Stars (I must be crazy but it makes me squat!)
- Trading Yesterday – Shattered
My favorite books 2013 – sorry couldn’t chose! I love my books too much and there were simply too many!
My favorite recipes
- Vegan Springrolls
- Vegan Mixed Beens and Sweetpotato Burger
- Clean Eating Tortillas
- Apple Pie Oatmeal
- Chickpea and Peanutbutter Rice
My favorite other blogger’s recipes
- Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by peasandcrayons
- Pumpkin Pie Bars by eating4balance
- Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cookies by littlemissfit
- Sunbutter by everydaymaven
- Banana Protein Pancakes by thehealthymaven
Okay that was a short chunk of my 2013 cake. It was a fantastic year for me but now I am ready to rock 2014!
What’s New Years Eve without making some good wishes for the next year. Many people do make new years resolutions but I am not a fan of resolutions. Every day is a new chance to start over again but the 1st of January is somehow a special day. It’s a chance to form a wish or two and I will happily jump on the bandwagon. Nevertheless I am not wishing for miracles or major changes just for some tiny things that I suppose will make my life a little happier and better. Despite the obvious wishes for general health and happiness for all me beloved ones I wish for 2014 to be as fantastic as 2013. That means in detail:
1) I wish to… get back to my “happy weight” from last year’s February which I lost by gaining weight through stress, illness and medication followed by a disastrous “Thank-God-I-feel-better-so-I-have -to-indulge-a-
little lot” attitude.
What I will do for this: Starting tomorrow morning I will follow my new/old meal plan and I will be much better with my regular exercise. I will write everything down in order to keep me motivated though I won’t count calories as it causes too much pressure and might lead me to relapse into old bad habits.
2) I wish to… complete my first (and probably only) half-marathon in April in under 2:15h.
What I will do for this: I will include one long run at least every other week and work on my core muscles and running time.
3) I wish to…stay as happy with my blog as I am at the moment
What I will do for this: First of all I will continue blogging ;-), I will work on my own blogger profile and voice and be part of the healthy living blogger community.
4) I wish to… stay as happily married as in the last 6 month. I am so happy that I could smile geeky all the time.
What I will do for this: I will continue to make my husband and marriage priority #1! Quality time is the key for our happiness and I will make sure that we’ll spend plenty of it!
5) I wish to… stay hungry and curious about new places, things, food, sports experiences.
What I will do for this: I will continue to visit new places (foremost the U.S.) and try new foods, recipes, and sports whenever I get the opportunity to do so. And I will continue to create my own opportunities.
See you all next year my dear bloggie friends!