I have officially finished my first week back in real life after taking a much needed break from everything the month before. And what a week that was. When you just check out of real life for a bit there is A LOT to catch up on when you come back. And catching up consumed most of my last week. The one other big time sucker was nap time. But as this was kinda imperative to me functioning and appearing as a sane human adult I gladly sacrificed a bit of my time most afternoons/ early evenings.
Priorities people, priorities!
So as I have done a lot of cathing up in the last week I think it’s about time to do the same with you guys. So let’s get us a good old cup of coffee/ tea/ whatever takes your fancy und have a chat. I am of course linking up with my fav American lady.
- Monday I went to the office and had a very productive day catching up with all my responsibilities.
- I took me most of the last week to catch up with my current state of my thesis. I read through all I have written so far and edited a bit. Next to that I made an appointment with a possible second assessor. Fingers crossed people. I need this to work out.
- Tuesday evening I met up with my friend Sandra on her balcony. We spent hours eating snacks and drinking wine. We ordered Vietnamese food and talked about everything and nothing at all. It was glorious.
- I had a catch up/ work date with another friend on Wednesday and due to my wine consumption the night before was not very focused neither very productive. It was good to chat a bit nonetheless.
- I worked the rest of the week from home whenever possible sitting outside taking advantage of the early mornings before the sunlight hits my balcony.
- Also I started to look into our next big travel, checking possible flights and flight prices, rental car, accommodation… to figure out a rough budget. I am very determined and need to remind myself that there are a lot of other things I need to do. Most of them also happen to be way up higher on my list of priorities.
- On Saturday after a lot of trouble (the car broke) Stefan came back from his 12 day trip to Sweden. I was a bit clingy all weekend!
- I didn’t do a great job in adulting when I was alone. Apart from the fact that my husband is my emotional barometer and I am happier with him around in general feeding myself was a bit of a tricky topic. In fact most of my meals looked like that. With the occasional instant noodle dish in between. Yes, I am classy.
- Even though I had promised him to sleep in our bed at night I slept on the sofa the entire last week of him being away. Going up one flight of stairs and closing the blinds was just too much of an effort.
- Thursday was a bank holiday and after working a bit during the day I made myself bellini to enjoy on the balcony. I also took myself on a solo walk around the woods. I miss walking!
- My camera got some love as well. I am experimenting and practice editing because I am just not very good at it. In fact I have no clue what I am doing. Most of the time I just adjust the settings by trial and error and see what happens.
- When Stefan came back from his trip on Saturday we cooked chicken tenders together and as the light was pretty specatacular I spontaneously decided to treat the dipping sauce to a little photo shoot. Don’t hold me accountable if it isn’t happening but I might post a recipe sometime soon.
- My lack of sharing recipe posts is definitely directly linked to my lack of cooking. At the moment I am just super obsessed with snack pretzels and they don’t require any cooking at all.
- We spent the better part of the weekend together on the balcony. The weather is just so nice at the moment and even though real life has started and taken over again it still prolongues the vacation feeling a little bit.
Okay party people, Monday is calling for me. Time to suck it up and get some serious shit done. 4 month until my thesis due date. Time to panic and freak out!