Hello party people. Long time no see! First life had been repetitive and uneventful and definitely not worth sharing and then I have been so busy that I just couldn’t scrape together the time to sit down and pen a post. To be honest I might have been able to find some time. But I preferd to spend it with people rather than my computer. No regrets about that!
But today I have a little free time. And moreover last week is finally share worthy again. So I gladly jump at the opportunity to join Meg and share what I was up to last week.
First and foremost because I got to spend it with my favorite Aussie. And second because we didn’t just spend time together anywhere but we went to Paris.
One of the best things about travelling to a place you have been before with someone who has been at this place as well, is that you can skip all the mainstream touristy things and just indulge into whatever you want to do.
- After initially planning to take some work with me I gave myself the week off of thesis related things. And that helped me to relax properly for the first time in many months.
- In total I spent 11 hours on a train to and from Paris but in the city itself we gave all public transport the stink eye and just walked everywhere
- So we walked a lot! But walking is just the perfect way to explore any place. And one of my favorite areas was definitely Le Marais.
- In the end of the week I think we saw the Eiffel Tower from every possible angle. Even from our airbnb apartmetn you could see the lightshow in the distance.
- Travelling with a foodie is amazing. Especially when that means you get the opportunity to broaden your horizon. Just to name a few things: I went to a Japanese restaurant for the first time, tried raw salmon, octopus, French onion soup and tasted a few other things my tastebuds are not accostumed to. I loved it!
- Food played an important part last week – obviously – and besides tasting all the things I bought a shitton of French pastries and Macarons with the purpose of taking pictures of those pretty and colorful creations.
- Some of them were eaten and some of them were brought back to Germany for Stefan to try
- As my usual hand model wasn’t available Arman volunteered to step in. And did an awesome job I might add.
- Even though museums didn’t make the cut when it came to how we spent our spare time between work, I saw a lot of beautiful things. I love merry-go-rounds and Paris offers a few very pretty ones. Like this one in front of the hôtel de ville. Bonus points for travelling with a fellow non-museum person!
- And then of course there was Montmartre with all the wonderful dark little alleys
- Though my favorite part as always was just walking around and find the little gems in between traffic, tourisy places and what all the guidebooks make you believe you need to see
Being back in Munich this week my game plan is to keep me some of the relaxing travel vibes and catch up with some work before I have two weeks completely off of work! To say that I am very very excited for that would be a huge understatement!