Every time I sit down to write a post I feel like I have to apologize for dropping off the face of the earth. Again!
In fact I kinda apologize to myself. Only a few months ago I vowed to myself that this wouldn’t happen. Until it did. And then again. But that’s life and you just have to roll with the punches. And at the moment I just favor to spend my time and energy differently. Who could blame me for that? So it might be a good idea that I stop blaming myself now. I have a hard time denying me the things I like to do though. I am so ready to get my life back!
The good thing is that I am really not that stressed. Maybe the fact that the weather is nice, spring and summer are lying in front of us und my overall happiness cater for that, too. I don’t question it. You have to roll with the punches.
So I had a pretty relaxing weekend on my balcony and I think I feel like checking in and finally catching up today. I am also linking up with my lovely Meg.
- As you cannot work in the office our team decided to have work meetings at coffee shops or pizza restaurants in the last few weeks. I could get used to that!
- Thesis work is still thesis work and nothing has really changed apart from me slowly getting nervous because of my dooming deadline.
- I manage to go to Crossfit twice a week, sometimes even three times and I am happy with that. It makes me feel really good and I also enjoy the company of my fellow box members
- I should put more effort into feeding myself so that I don’t have to rely on store bought fruit smoothies. Though it feels like irony as I write this while I eat dry granola by the handful as I forgot to bring food to the office.
- Maybe that explains why I felt to super proud that I fed myself the first asparagus this year and rice last week for lunch once.
- Or that I made Meg’s Apple Pie Pancakes on Sunday morning. It’s the only pancake recipe Stefan really approves of as it calls for real flour.
- Last week I went to a photography workshop. After getting over the trauma of approaching strangers on the street I had a really good time. I even like a few of the pictures I got out of it!
- I also invested in a few new filter. My head is full of pictures I want to take. And slowly I am building a good base of equipment, too.
- We spent one evening with our friends having a BBQ. It’s funny how the first warm temperatures bring out grills everywhere.
- I busied myself with some non-academic research regarding some low-key travelling. I have decided to ditch my home office in favor of a different sourrounding for a bit
- Though I am kinda going to start with that tomorrow anyway as our bathroom renovations conveniently start today. So I have noise in my office as well as my home office now. I made the executive decision to retreat to the university library. Back to the good old student days….
Game plan for the day: not getting too stressed because of the noise, finding me lunch that is not dry granola, taking a shower at my in-law’s house and being very grateful they live only a few meters from us.