Last week I had so many of these ‘I am so happy and I love my life’ moments.
I don’t question my current mood and just enjoy all the endorphines that are flooding my body right now. Without any further ado let’s jump straight into our weekly catch-up. As always I am linking-up with my lovely Meg.
- My work situation is still a mess but without going into the boring and tangled details, I can tell you that things worked out incredibly in both my colleague’s and my favor. A huge stressor is gone now and I am so so so relieved!
- My colleague and I were interviewing a whole work day for one of our assistant’s positions. I hope we find someone soon. We have another day of interviewing this week.
- I finally found some time to focus on my thesis again. Progress is slow but I do make progress and besides not producing many pages last week I made some strategic decisions and structured my last theoretical chapter.
- I am still in declutter mode. Stefan took care of the basement and we brough a carload full of trash to the local recycling depot. It felt so good!
- I killed a few tulips
- I survided an appointment at the bank. Maybe because it only took 10 minutes.
- We had our 5 year engagement anniversary last week. We don’t really celebrate it but we take every opportunity to treat ourselves. So Stefan made us Thai Curry and we had some wine. It was awesome!
- I took it easy on the workout front. I felt a little sick in the beginning of last week so I only made it to Crossfit once. I’d have loved to go at least twice but that’s life. This week again!
- I got in one work day at Starbucks. They renovated my second favorite one and now I am not that big of a fan anymore. But after I was able to move from the cold air draft from the air conditioning to a nice window table I had a pretty good work day.
- I also met my sister for lunch. We haven’t had a chance to catch up properly in forever. So it was nice to have some time together.
- Stefan and I met up for a pizza date in Munich. I wonder if the narcissist in me makes me love this place so much.
- But it might probably also be their super yummy and reasonable priced supersize pizzas!
- We went to our friend’s birthday party on Friday evening. There were way too many people for the size of their apartment. And as I am not a fan of crowded spaces I stayed a little aside and made friends with their cat instead.
- I cleaned the apartment, folded the laundry and did everything else a mature adult should do on a regular basis
- I went to my doctor’s and got a new prescription for my meds. At the pharmacy I realized that they only gave me enough for one month instead of the ususal two month. Annoying!!!
- Stefan spoiled me a bit this weekend. On Saturday he cooked me Satay Chicken and on Sunday he made us ribs. The moral of the story: marry someone who cooks! I can’t stress that enough!
- My napping got a bit out of hand. In the last 7 days I took several naps between 90 min and almost 3 hours. It’s exactly what I need right now so I am okay with indulging in sleeping during the day. But I start to wonder why I need these naps. For the time being I just blame it on my thesis.
- I am bouncy and happy all the time. I don’t hate it.
- One of the reasons for this is definitely the fact that my leave got accepted!!!
- Also I am doing a photography workshop next weekend. I badly need quality time with my camera. The poor thing starts to gather dust!
So in order to enjoy both my workshop and my leave I have to hurry now. My game plan for the day includes writing the chapter on Social Cognitive Career Theory. I will also make gnocchi in sage butter later, given that my sage plant made it through the night. It was close yesterday!
Happy happy Monday!