Last week was a weird week. I was super busy and got so much of my shit done that I need to worry abit now if I can still call myself a lazy bum. Yet all things considered in the long term I have more than earned that title for life! Still I am not happy with last week. Because instead of starting a new chapter of my thesis I did EVERYTHING else.
I took some time to smell the roses though. Or look at my blooming tulips because I have no roses and tulips don’t really smell nicely. But I guess you still get my point.
Anyways… let’s catch up. As always I am linking up with my dear Meg for some fun with lists.
On a work related level…
- I went to the office on Monday for 10 hours and worked my way through my whole office to-do list! The whole one!
- I applied for several weeks of leave in May and June. Guys, cross your fingers for me. I need it!
- On Tuesday I finished an annual report and now work work is out of my way for the next time
- I spent hours on the phone with my colleague talking strategy. Fingers crossed everything works out in our favours.
- I had a really bad case of procrastination on Friday morning. After looking for something in my very cluttered wardrobe on Thursday I couldn’t bear it anymore. So instead of thesis work I listened to a few podcasts while I decluttered and rearranged my wardrobe and my dresser. Then I folded all laundry. Housewive of the year!
- I don’t know why but I have the biggest urge to clean and declutter at the moment. Nothing is save. I did a lot of the things I never do and we even deep-cleaned the oven (a joint venture). I have a list of things that I will work through I hope until Easter. Or until I feel too lazy again. Whatever strikes first.
On the self-care front…
- I went to Crossfit 3 times again. I was very pleased with that. Do I need to start worrying about bulking up like she-hulk now?
- I took two baths. I can’t remember the last time I took a bath but somehow I soaked myself twice this week. Reading (and I mean non-academic reading) was a part of my baths as well. I didn’t hate it!
- As my night sleep is a fickle bitch I made up with a lot of naps. I don’t wake up in the middle of the night that often anymore but it seems like whenever I go to bed, let it be 10 pm or 2 am I am up some time between 5 and 6 am and can’t fall back asleep. To be honest I slept for almost the whole Saturday and Sunday afternoon. I think I needed that.
- We are in the process of making plans for a few short trips in the next months. So I felt inspired to go through the folders with all my London pictures. I am feeling so damn antsy now. But in a good way.
On my thriving social life…
- There was a soccer match last week and we went to a pub to watch it from there. As always I was only remotely interested in the shenanigans on the big screen but enjoyed eating a basked of fried food and the presence of my friends.
- I had a long phone chat with my sister
- As a belated birthday dinner we went out with my dad, his partner and one of her daughters on Friday. I haven’t had a Schnitzel in a while so it was awesome!
- On Saturday my cousin visited us and we had a funny and relaxing evening with homemade pizza and a few Aperol Spritz. Wine and homemade gelato were also involved. Needless to say it was all a hit.
- We used Sunday to recharge our batteries and finished off the open prosecco bottle in form of Mimosas.
So all things considered I had a pretty darn good week, yet this week is all dedicated to my thesis. Well right after our appointment at the bank this morning. Finance stuff makes me want to pull out my hair and run around screaming! But there will be pizza leftovers for lunch, so all good!
Happy Monday, guys!