It’s Monday morning and I am already exhausted.
For a change I am trying to work from my office today and when I arrived in Augsburg I instantly regretted it. Coming to work feels more like going on an involuntary adventure trip than ‘just’ going to work. To give you an idea: I just spent 10 minutes hunting down a source of drinkable water for my coffee machine. I am not going to tell you from where I finally got it. I am desperate!
But it’s only today and I have a few tasks on my list I can not complete from home and I also need to catch up with my colleague. So I kinda had no choice. Even though judging from the noise I was already exposed to today I can say that this is not going to be a very productive work day.
But anyways… we have a really pretty spring morning here today and apart from the work situation which makes me somewhere between murderously mad and impassively fatalistic I am actually in a brilliant mood. I don’t know how it’s possible either but that’s just the way it is.
So I am sipping my hard-earned coffee now and I think it’s a good moment to catch up on what has happenend last week. As always I am linking up with my dear Meg.
Let the listing begin…
- So as you might have already guessed from my very clever post title, it was my birthday last week. Though I usually don’t really like my bithday I had a pretty relaxed and good day. I had brunch with my mum in the morning. We tried a restaurant we had both never been before. I loved the design of the restaurant and the food was good but nothing special. When I came home I took a really long nap and in the evening I met with a few close friends for pizza and wine.
- I also published a post about 32 things I have learned since my last birthday. If you haven’t checked it out yet, you really should. I am wise as fuck now!
- The good thing about my birthday was that it officially marked the end of carnival. I surely didn’t hate that, especially since my home office work situation was disturbed on Monday by a local carnival gathering. In case you wonder why I hated that – I was forced to listen to Aaron Carter’s ‘I want Candy’ three times in two hours. No more words needed!
- Work-wise it was a shit week.
- But I am napping like a goddess.
- I went to Crossfit three times. I know, I can’t believe it either. It feels really good. Apart from the morning class after my birthday. Crossfit and being hungover don’t pair that nicely.
- I visited a friend for coffee on Friday. I always feel guilty because I always seem to use her as my emotional garbage disposal unit. It felt good to get some things off my chest though.
- On Saturday we celebrated my sister-in-law’s and my birthday with my in-laws. My parents-in-law gave me a Instax mini. I love my new shiney toy!
- So I took a few cliché pictures to test the camera and experiment with picture in picture shots. I am obsessed with these and I am very keen on getting deeper into that kind of photography. I don’t care about how stale that is.
- My mum-in-law also gave me a really beautiful bouquet.
- Stefan and I went for a walk and talked about work and our plans for the rest of the year. I had a bit of a rough week emotionally and walking and talking did wonders. I am always amazed how something that simple is so good for the soul.
- We had a fantastic steak and potato dinner on Sunday evening while watching our favorite cooking show on TV.
Okay folks, enough chit-chat for today. I am going to plan the next three months today and figure out when I can take leave (aka uninterrupted thesis time) and when my presence at the office is required. Fimgers crossed it works out in my favor.