Baby it’s cold outside….
And there is A LOT of snow. So I am extra happy for the option to work from home. And I am indulging in my home office time a lot lately. The streets are horrible and if you know me you won’t be surprised that I take the chance to work in my pjs anytime. My living room is just a lot cozier than the office!
I have mentioned that I have a good feeling for this year. And so far – even though we’re only two weeks in – this feeling is being proven right. I am happy and I am in a very good mood. I am excited for the things to come. In short life couldn’t be better right now. I mean I still wish my thesis would magically finish itself… you get my point. But apart from this I had a good two weeks. Let’s chat a little about the beginning of this year linking up with the lovely Meg!
- Two weeks have passed again with no blogging. This is actually my second post this year. I had a cold and literally nothing had happened. So I took a while off. I miss checking in regularly but when it’s not happening, it’s not happening… no reason to get stressed out over that. Blogging is not fizzeling out I am just cutting back a bit for the time being. What can I say, over-sharing is kinda my thing!
- I had a really good work date with my friend on Friday. She came to my office in the afternoon, we had a chat over a coffee and then we worked until 9pm. We ordered Asian food for dinner and all in all I had a very nice and productive evening!
- I finished one of the three theoretical chapters of my thesis. The word relief doesn’t do my feelings about that any justice. This one was the most horrible. I swear next week I say the same about the one I start next…
- To balance out all the sitting in my apartment I am really into going for walks in the woods at the moment. It’s beautiful outside and I don’t mind the snow the slightest. Maybe that’s because it’s not muddy yet. I swear when it gets warmer and the snow starts to melt I am falling out of love with my walks again immediately.
- We started to dabble a bit in with meal prepping. Means we bulk cooked bolognese sauce and goulash and had it for lunch with potatoes, sweetpotatoes and over veggies for the last two weeks. I found my spiralizer and I am spiralizing everything now. I think it makes veggies taste better. It’s weird but I swear especially zucchini tastes like 500 times better.
- I had two appointments with my gastroenterologist. We went through all the usually tests which also included me not eating for about 24 hours. No, it’s not the nicest part of the testing. But after 7 years of immunosupressors I am slowly going to get off of them now. I am excited and nervous at the same time. It’s a strange feeling when you on the one hand hope your immune system will improve but on the other hand hope it won’t get strong enough to start attacking again. Anyway fingers crossed…
- Good luck I have married a man who cooks. He made me Thai salad and satay chicken the other day and I got to drink wine and keep him company. My favorite pastime…
- I watch a holy lot of Netflix. This weekend I found Clueless which is the movie I have seen by far the most often in my life. I was obsessed as a teen. This was the first time ever I watched the English version. And it’s even better. Throwback to my very early teens. It was hilarious!
- I went to Crossfit last week for the first time since November. It was moderately strenuous for a Crossfit workout but I was badly sore for a couple of days after.
- Speaking of things I haven’t done in a while: Yesterday I realized that I haven’t posted a recipe in over three months. It didn’t feel that long. I do miss it though. Yet I just have no time for testing and shooting. I rather invest my spare time into just vegging out.
- Or I do some non-academic reading. I ordered a bunch of travel magazines and I did a teeny tiny bit of reading before I got just a bit over-excited and thus had to stop. The photography is just too beautiful!
With this being said, I am out for today. I hope to put a remarkably dent in my reading assignment and later I can hopefully catch up with my blog reading. Have a good week guys!