Well hello 2017! I am excited!
After what I call a transition day (the first of January always makes me feel a bit anxious) I woke up today in a cheery mood, hopeful for the new week, the new year and foremost ready to kick butt. My own to be precise.
My to-do lists are endless as always, my apartment needs a bit of a clean, the fridge is empty and later today I have a doctors appointment. It’s yearly check-up season. I guess all that would have sent me in a downward spiral to anxietyville and a Netfilx and cheese sandwich binge last week. Today it makes me pretty excited. Oh the power of new year self-delusion. I’ll take it with a bow anyway.
After a small week in review hiatus I am back today with the exciting things of my life I deprived you of. I am linking up with my fellow coffee junkie and list lover Meg. Obviously
In the last few weeks…
- We finished the Christmas shopping right in time and I wrapped all the gifts and braced myself for the ‘relaxing’ Christmas days
- I celebrated Christmas with my family first and then Stefan’s family next
- I tried to work last week but wasn’t really focused. We got done a few things anyway mostly because I have a kick-ass assitant
- I wrapped up my thoughts about 2016 in a post last week. It was good to reflect on a few things and cathartic to put it into words
- I played with my new tripod – the very generous Christmas present from my lovely in-laws and my new remote – a gift from my husband. All the possibilities!!!!!
- We made pizza with the pizza oven I gave Stafan for Christmas. GAME CHANGER!!!!!!
- I celebrated the end of the last work week in 2016 with my camera. We had Moscow Mule together.
- We took my niece to the movies to watch Moana and bought her way too many sweets. How can a Disney movie stir wanderlust so much?
- We celebrated the New Year with a bunch of my oldest and clostest friends. It was a good evening. I feel like I should mention that I ate a ton of mini donuts and it was fantastic.
- Stefan and I had a few what you can almost describe as walk and talk coaching sessions together. We went for a few walks in the woods and talked about everything that’s on our minds lately. Yet mainly we talked about what 2017 might hold for us together as a couple but also for each of us individually. It was very freeing to say a few things out loud I haven’t said like that before. I have a good feeling for 2017! Apart from the mental uplift the fresh air did wonders!
- Even though I don’t really believe in it I did kind of new years resolutions. Nothing like going on a diet and getting fit. Just something along the lines of get a grip, don’t pity yourself so much but don’t be a doormat and have some fun as well. I thought it wouldn’t hurt.
Happy New Year!