Hey folks. Grab a cup of coffee and join me for a chat today, okay? Beware, I am going to be soppy for a short minute. You have been warned.
Life is funny sometimes. In many ways. But today I mean in the sense of how life brings people together. Most of my closest friends I met in school. Some I met through work. And then you meet people online. Probably the strangest concepts of them all. It’s funny how you can meet people in the most random of places and it turns out to be just right. I mean, how are the odds? It’s also funny how other people look at you when you tell them how you initially met. Like they try to be polite and not judgemental but secretly they think you’re nuts! Anyways….
I thought it might be fun to share a picture from one year ago when I first met two awesome people in real life. I am glad to have you both as my friends Meg and Arman. But one day we have to take a better picture than this!
End of soppiness.
Let’s get listing!
Things I did…
- My new program run started last week with a very successful kick-off event. Sometimes I do love my job!
- I am facing a week of coaching and long hours at the office but last week I had 3 days at home to focus on my thesis. And I am making progress. I am in a good working mode now and I even enjoy it to an extend. Only about 220 pages to go. Yay – I am kidding.
- It was my mum-in laws birthday last week and we invited ourselves over for a glass of wine on her actual birthday and then we went to a Chinese all you can eat buffet to celebrate with the family. My stomach hasn’t fully recovered yet ;-P
- I posted a blog post with pictures from East London. I’d love to write a little more and I have still planned some posts about the last two stops of our USA/ Canada trip. I will post them sometime even though it’s already been a while ago. I mean I still have to tell you how I almost became friends with Oscar! But after a day of thesis writing the concept of writing for fun doesn’t seem real anymore. You understand.
- Most days I feed myself with a grilled cheese and a fried egg. It takes 10 minutes. I have no more.
- Sometimes I need booze! My prefered one is this Lemon Basil Moscow Mule minus the basil becauce these days I am even shittier than ever at keeping plants alive
- Stefan and I had a date night. We went for a first ice cream then döner date and even threw in a movies for good measure.
- I cleaned the apartment. End of story.
- We made our first post ice cream class ice cream. Dark chocolate. Seriously the class was pure gold for our ice cream making skills.
- I started my Christmas shopping. Online of course.
Things I didn’t do…
- I didn’t work out. Actually I haven’t since mid September. I feel like shit but I have no time and energy. I know it makes things worse and I have every intention to go back into a managable workout routine next week. Until then I drown my feelings in grilled cheese and fried eggy. And ice cream.
- I didn’t make it to the hair dressers. In favor of working on my thesis I cancelled my appointment. I don’t regret it.
- I haven’t met my mum. She has the flu and I can’t risk getting sick.
- When I think about it I haven’t even washed my hair regularly. Thank god for dry shampoo and the fact that I work from home so much.
- I didn’t spend time with my camera. He sits on my table, stares at me and judges me. I miss time with him. In case you wonder my camera is a boy and his name is Connor.
Things I will do now…
Now I will wish you all a very happy Monday and a good start to a productive week. I will klick my heels and travel to the corner of my brain that looks like a cluttery library. It’s the space where I work on my thesis. I have to write a few pages today. Wish me luck friends!