People this week I have rolled up my introverted sleeves and been the most social possible. I am exhausted and want to hide in my closet under the staris now. Oops, wrong story!
Anyways it’s Monday again. I face a few busy and interesting weeks. My interview season starts and I have to schedule very carefully to have enough time to work on my thesis. The good thing is that there is progress. Even though it’s small. Last week I was still a little handicapped due to my self-diagnosed tendionitis but it got better and better and I feel like this week I will be able to write way better than the last two.
Okay so let’s chat a bit about last week.! As always I am linking up with lovely Meg
- I had my assistant and intern at the office two days. We have been busy hosting a workshop, arranging interviews, researching literature, updating our homepage (seriously the worst CMS on the planet!) and answering inquiries. We actually got a lot done!
- I also worked from home two days but my hand made it difficult do write as much as I wanted. I had to take so many breaks. It compeltely killed my motivation.
- We had dinner at my friend Sandra’s place on Monday evening. As always there was way too much food for three people but we polished off the better part and only had a little cheese and some veggies left. It’s deja vue every single time. What can I say we all like to eat!
- I published two posts next to our weekly catch-ups. The destination of this week was San Diego. I shared how we spent our time at a beach house and how much fun you can have even when you don’t want to be super active there.
- And because travelling is only half as fun without good food I also published the recipe of a brunch dish I ate there and just had to recreate. In a skillet obviously!
- I reasearched Airbnbs and we booked an accommodation in East London finally. I am excited! Curries at Brick Lane, relaxing at coffee shops and pubs, street food, markets and a cool neighborhood I haven’t explored yet are waiting.
- Stefan and I met for a little one hour date on Friday evening at this Irish Pub/ Australian Pub (yes, it’s super weird) we go sometimes.
- Then we met with our friends at this Italian place with the super large pizzas. We had some wine and pizza and a really funny evening. There’s something wonderful in spending time with best friends
- I had a virtual coffee date with a friend aka we had a long what’s app chat while we both had coffee. It was nice to catch up. Since she has a baby we don’t make it that often anymore.
- I cleaned the whole apartment while Stefan was doing the weekly grocery shopping (he later also vacuumed) just to drop a runny egg on the floor. The yolk splattered everywhere. On the chair, the floor, on me… It was a huge mess. I don’t know why the messiest kitchen accidents ALWAYS happen right after cleaning!
- Drumroll please……I also folded laundry. I am actually pretty smug about that. Laundry is pretty much my least favorite chore so I have neglected it for weeks!
- I researched foodie tours in London and booked an Indian Food tour in East End. I am so excited! Curry overload!
- We were on babysitting duty on Saturday. We made Crêpe for dinner. My oldest niece loves to cook so she made the dough and Stefan baked them. It took us two hours to get them down to sleep and when we were back at home after 8 hours I was feeling like a walking dead.
- I spent Sunday resting and cooking. My sister came over with her new boyfriend and so I made burger and sweetpotato fries. This BBQ Bacon Burger recipe to be precise! We had a fun evening and short after they left I crashed on the couch.
Happy Monday guys!