Monday morning is the time to make lists.
This morning I actually didn’t feel much like posting anything but then my stubbornness kicked in and I decided that gloomy feelings won’t bring me down. This is the last full work week and I feel very happy about that. It also makes me a bit anxious as I still have a lot of travel preperations to do.
But I am well prepared having a bunch of to-do, to-pack and not-to-forget lists already scribbled down and I will just work my way through them all. I also have a few social activities already penciled in. My mom also demands to see her daughter before she crosses the pond for a month. Yes, this ↓ is going to happen!
But I think I digress. Last week had ups and downs but when I look at what I have listed down below I think it’s safe to say that in my personal life the ups were by far higher than the lows. It actually makes me feel a bit better this morning! Mission accomplished, thanks Meg 🙂
- I had sort of a lazy week. A lot of boring stuff happened. Like laundry, grocery shopping and all that jazz. I feel like I shouldn’t bore you with the tasks that bore me so much to complete!
- I was coaching a lot last week trying to get all my clients done before we are going on vacation.
- We went to my cousin’s boyfriend’s birthday bash on Thursday. It was fun to go out again after a while. Have I ever mentioned how much I am in love with their table. Look how pretty it is.
- Apart from that we spent a few warm evenings on our little balcony. I vividly remember that I once hated to sit outside. Now it’s my favorite way to spend a warm summer evening.
- I went to see my doctor, got me a prescription for my meds for the next six weeks, got me blood thinners for the flights, peed in a plastic cup and had my blood levels checked. I also talked with my doctor to make a game plan for the next year. More tests are to come. It’s a neverending story but I feel pretty well so I can’t complain at all.
- I wrote and published a blog post on Things I do before going on a trip apart from the usual list making and bag packing. Priorities people, priorities…
- Our ESTA was due to expire so applied again. Now we can enter the USA for another 2 years.
- I sorted out our itinerary and decided to take my new camera with me on vacation. I think I can handle it well enough now.
- On Friday evening we jumped in the car and went to Narnia for spending another weekend with the family. The events in Munich on Friday evening have cast a cloud over the weekend though. We spent a lot of time in front of the TV and later checking the news on our phones. Stefan and I were trying to check if all my family members were safe and also answered messages from people who checked in with us. It was shocking. Luckily no one of our friends and family was near this area. Due to the state of investigation it was ‘just’ a shooting spree by a mentally ill 18 year old boy and not a politically or religiously motivated act of terrorism. This seems to calm the nerves a bit. Nevertheless 9 teenagers and an adult women died and even though I didn’t know these people I feel a bit somber. Laughing was harder this weekend. We tried anyway! Life has to go on.
- We watched the great fireworks. Our house is right on top of the hill and so we naturally have the best view there.
- We ate our way through our Narnia food bucket list! Yes we have a written one. It was glorious!
- I explained snapchat to my brother-in-law after he saw me playing with the lenses. Now I don’t know if it was a good idea to introduce him to snapchat. Having one of my in-laws there makes me feel kind of exposed and even more like the odd one out.
- We spent a lot of time in the garden, reading, practicing with my camera, talking and drinking included. It’s the time of the year to catch up.
- Stefan and I spent a lovely morning in the town center drinking coffee, buying him some cloths for the warm weather, getting a boatload of fruits on the farmer’s market and watching the crazy Narnia shenanigans. The second Saturday is my favorite. Folklore, tradition and fun EVERYWHERE!
- On Sunday Stefan’s siblings with their families and his father went home in the morning but my oldest niece stayed with us for the rest of the day. So we took her to watch the ponies!
- We also went to see some performences together – well at least some of us got to see something! Rumor has it there was a fire-eater but my 5’2 can’t attest to that personally!
- We also spoilt her a little and I think she enjoyed having all the attention for once. Being the oldest sucks sometimes. I speak from experience. I even agreed to go on a 60 m above the ground flying swing with her. You can spot me clutching dear life in form of a steel rope. When I told her later that I found it lovely to go on a carousel ride with her she asked if that was irony!
- We bought her ice cream and played cards. I think we all had a fun afternoon! That’s what aunt and uncle are there for, right?
- We arrived back at home around 8 pm and spent the evening with watching TV. Monday definitely came to fast.
Because it’s pretty warm today I kinda vowed to myself to finish work very fast today. I also have to clean and cook. Our fridge is super empty as well. So my game plan for today is to hurry a bit, get my shit done and then go home and relax a bit. I think I need it!