I can’t believe it’s Monday already! The last week has gone by so quickly.
Yesterday at this time I still sat in a little street café, enjoying a cup of coffee and a breakfast of freshly baked bread rolls with butter and strawberry jam, followed by snickers ice cream just because. Today I am sitting at my office desk, contemplating whether or not to tackle my to do list right away or just to stick with my character and procrastinate as if I was paid for that! Oh sweet dreams!
But it’s Monday and we still have two weeks to go until boarding the big plane and vacationing for
good a full month this summer. To say I am excited is a bit of a euphemism. Last week was my last real work week though. Well not really but technically all the tedious things are over for now and what I have to finish before August seems like a piece of cake.
But I am getting ahead of myself. Let’s not talk what comes but what lies behind and let’s have a look at the last week in good old week in review tradition.
- Last week was odd. I was tired all the time. I took so many naps. One morning I got up, brushed my teeth, made me a cup of coffee and then took a two hour nap. It was ridiculous!
- I worked from home three days to wrap up my presentation that was due on Wednesday. It went smooth, I got a good feedback and now I am ready to write the damn thing. I’ll start in September 😉
- I managed to finally publish a recipe post too. As it’s pretty warm and nice here I thought sharing my Bailey’s Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe would be a good idea.
- Thursday and Friday I went to the office but those were short days. I managed to get done everything I wanted to in no time and so I took advantage of the slow work situation and relaxed a little at home. It was much needed.
- I spent an unreal amount of time obsessing over travel related stuff. This includes but is not limited to reading books about street and travel photography, reading blogs about travel and travel photography, creating pinterest boards and saving pins to said boards and packing my bags in my head for like the 10. 000 time. I’ll tell you a little more later this week.
- I am also obsessing over my new camera. After toying with the idea of treating myself to a new camera for a bit (and getting on my husband’s and friends’ nerves) I forked out a surreal amount of money and bought a really nice and shiney new Canon. I love it. I still need to name him!
- Then the weekend came and we finally hit the road to Narnia where after a quick drink with the family at our house we went out to grab all the food! Good luck it’s literally only a 200 meter walk!
- My fav would be this regional dish: Krautspätzle! It’s a Swabian Noodle, cooked and then fried with Sauerkraut and Bacon. It’s so damn delicious!
- On Saturday we engaged in the Narnia celebrations. My brother in law and I also spent time with my camera. I set it up the way I want, read a few chapters in the manual and then practiced, practiced practiced. It was just wonderful and all I wanted from my weekend!
- Luckily we had a pretty warm and sunny two days and so we spent the majority of the time in the garden. Oh or walking downhill and uphill and downhill and uphill… sometimes even with a three year old on my shoulders ;-P
- On Sunday Stefan and I went out for breakfast. This little town is just so cute and adorable. I always enjoy being there so much. Like a mini weekend vacation! So it’s perfect that will will go back next weekend again!
So game plan for today: not being such a super slacker, getting shit done and when I am back at home tonight marvelling over the perfection of my new camera. Oh and hopefully naming him! It’s time to welcome him as a proper family member!